• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cummins 12 valve project

HN6

I scored a 12v manual donor truck this weekend. It even starts and drives. this will be a first project of this kind for me, but there is lots of information out there so I think I will survive. Maybe slow and painful, but I look forward to learning something new on the rebuild and m35 conversion.

Attachments

HN6

I brought the truck into the shop to thaw it out and melt the snow. I feel overwhelmed with the potential project. For some reason I can not find Mudguppy's write up. I have watched Tactical Repairs vids. I can weld, fabricate, and make bad choices. Not a natural mechanic and don't really want to have this project stuck in m shop for more than 2 weeks. Oh boy, see if I can get the nerve to start this venture... i like the multifuel and my truck works perfectly fine as it is! Ok. my rant is over for now.

HN6

Yep, watch, watch and rewatch. Finishing up engine rebuild. Pistons, main and cam in yesterday do the rest today. Injection pump out for rebuild. So much for the time schedule. That went out the window 4 weeks ago when I started teardown and trying to order parts.

SteelNinja

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Topic , years ago I had extra engines and tires etc hard time hit and I sold stuff off.. Ha Hard times are coming again and Im still going in debt for a deuce next week.. I like whatever..anyway Thanks for the post and pictures and info would be greatly appreciated. I too will someday get a cummins and do the same thing ..So info will be appreciated.

162tcat

dont forget to buy or modify your fuel plate, then you can roll the coals on the Libs.
“Rolling Coal” is bad for the engine. It creates excess heat and washes oil off cylinder walls. Be smart and tune it for power. The 6bt is a great engine, no need to shorten its live doing stupid stuff. About as cool as the teens with the import that’s backfiring because they can’t get it tuned right with the massive fart muffler.

Pro tip: never race a “lib” driving a Tesla.

‘Merica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidb56

wh
“Rolling Coal” is bad for the engine. It creates excess heat and washes oil off cylinder walls. Be smart and tune it for power. The 6bt is a great engine, no need to shorten its live doing stupid stuff. About as cool as the teens with the import that’s backfiring because they can’t get it tuned right with the massive fart muffler.

Pro tip: never race a “lib” driving a Tesla.

‘Merica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yea, the battery may catch on fire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks