• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cummins 250 fuel psi & gph and power adders

Gear head J

Hello, I'm trying to find any info I can on the cummins 250 in my 1984 M925. I just got it about 2 months ago and absolutely love it. I'm wanting to add a lift pump for the injection pump, but not having any luck finding how much fuel psi and gallons per hour it needs to run. From what I've read it helps with power and cold start. I've also made a straight pipe for the exhaust. If anyone has any info or ideas of power adders I'd like to hear them.

Thanks

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am doing the same on mine but I didn't wat to pay for the fass system. I think mine is a ppg pump. I will have to look when I get home. It 160 gph. With like max 15psi

Rogarner

I've really been wanting to add a pump to my truck also. Was you able to get the PPE pump in 24v? I only found 12v ,wrenchturner how did you hook it up?

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought the 12 volt pump and in the process of making a 12 setup to operate it and other 12 volt things. I have not completed this upgrade yet because of other upgrades I am doing but have the pump in hand and plan to make it all work.

Gear head J

Might sound like a dumb question but how do you look up threads on the site . I've only been singed up with this site for 24 hours. And thank you to everyone who replied to the post!

74M35A2

Search bar in the upper right corner. Welcome, and in all fairness to everybody, take a few minutes to read the forum rules. They are short, sweet, and work. From there, we try to build a knowledge base here. For info you are seeking, search first to see if it has already been covered, rather than making people repeat themselves and their stories. This is not mean, just the right, polite, and fair way to do it. A few minutes to read their issue and resolution could save you a tremendous amount of your own time and/or money spent trying to achieve the same exact thing. In 10 minutes and for $0, I could discover the cost and benefit of adding a turbo to an NHC-250 powered 5 ton truck. I am not sure an electric lift pump has been covered, but for the other items you are seeking, I know they have been. Carter makes an electric lift pump that is available at NAPA, available in 12V and 24V, and maybe under $100. The 500hp Cummins ISX semi truck engine uses it stock from the factory, if that is any type of reference....http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-p4603hd?seid=srese1&gclid=CNqE7eiAlMoCFQuSaQodun0Pbw

Last edited: