• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cummins 6bt into a 1956 6x6 m52

fhagar

so heres the situation, i am posting for my dad. YES I HAVE SEARCHED THE FORUMS FOR 2 HOURS!!

he bought a 1956 6x6 5 ton 2 weeks ago and needs some info on what to start with. there seems to be a lack of knowledge on the net about these monsters. what i am kind of looking for is a buildup and a **** ton of photos from someone building these.

there are 2 options..

1. he has a 4x4 Cummings 1991 5 speed as a donor. he could stick the 6bt/getrag/np205 into the 6x6 and eliminate one of the rear rock-wells. which i would personally go for.

2. he would use the stock 5 speed and T case from the truck but theres a problem. we have no idea what their called, the gear ratios, anything about these only that the t case is divorced. he wants to swap the cummins anyways regardless.

any info on the tranny and t case, swap forums, build forums from something ive described would be greatly apreciated as well as any feedback on any ideas on what of the two options to use. thanks !

the m52 is of the tractor type.. knowing the t case and tranny type would be awesome in the start.

any infor on 6BT swapts and available adapter plates or drawings for adapters plates? my buddy has a CNC plasma cutter that can be used..

thanks guys !!!

Westech

CPL
My bad.. thought you were talking about a GMC oops......forget the front axle/trans thing...

You can get a adapter to go from the cummins engine to the SAE bell housing... the swap is not that bad.. and has been done before.

Last edited:

big block 88

I would get away from the getrag unit myslef and make an adapter plate for the original trans. The 12V cummins with a P-Pump can easily make 600+ hp and be totally reliable so drag in the drive train is no issue IMO. Make it bullet proof and use all the stock drive train just throw a nice 12v

wdbtchr

I can't help you with your questions on the swap, personally I love LDS 465-1As, but I may be able to help with your search problems. When you do a search insert the word "and" between terms and youll find what you're looking for if the subject is in the archives.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks