• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cummins 7.5 HDKAT/41934 Generator

M1Kodiak

So I went to recover a M1101 trailer that I won, and in the back was a Cummins 7.5 HDKAT/41934 diesel generator! The GL guy came over and asked if I had any goodies in the back and said it was part of the lot. Lucky me! It has a flat dark earth paint scheme on it and was in several pieces in the trailer, so I am not even sure it works or if all of the pieces are there. The funny thing is I even went to preview all of the trailers and looked inside of them all, but this one trailer was in a different part of the lot.

From what I've found, it is 7.5kw, close to $8000 new. Is the military moving to these types of generators rather than MEP's, or is this classified as some other type of MEP generator?

I didn't have a chance to get any good pictures since it was dark, but I will take some so this thread is no longer worthless.

M1Kodiak

Anyway, It has 6127 hours and looks pretty beat up. There is a note with it saying that "the engine is worn out, excessive crank case pressure, low oil pressure. Recommend replacement."
IMG_0576.jpgIMG_0566.jpgIMG_0578.jpg

Isaac-1

The military does operate lots of civilian generators, particularly in non combat standby generator operation, they also seem to tend to change them out all the time. I know when I go to pick stuff up from GL at Ft Polk, near here I have to drive by at least half a dozen between the front gate and the DRMO site, and that is going the back way across the base that avoids all but 2 traffic lights. Going the suggested simpler, but longer route, passing by HQ and I would likely see 15-20. In fact there are 3 within site of the front gate complex, a 30 KW with base tank sitting behind the guard shack, another somewhat larger (50 or 60 KW) by the side of the visitor pass building, and a 3rd at the welcome center just inside the gate. I also know that the one behind the guard shack has been changed out at least 3 times in the last 5 or 6 years as the brand name on the housing keeps changing.

Ike

p.s. with the prices on Kubota engine parts you might be best off parting this one out

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks