• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cummins NTC290 oil filter help

alcornfire2

New to this site and I have a little problem that I am hoping someone here can help me with. My father and I have purchased a 1976 Paystar 5000 Dump truck we were told it was off of a Army base in AL and then passed over to a local TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) shop. The truck has 7300 miles showing on it with a little over 3000 hours, Cummins NTC290 with automatic transmission. Over the weekend we pulled the oil filters and drained the oil out of the engine. "Here is the problem" Someone had lost or left out the springs and washers that hold the filter (Canister type) against the engine. The filter was lose just sitting inside the canister a couple inches below the block. My dad went to the local NAPA dealer and got new filters I did a little surfing online and found a TM for the truck, it shows the spring and bevel type washer that would hold the filter. I'm trying to find the missing parts to ensure proper filtration of oil or another option may be to replace the canister filter with a spin on type filter. Thanks in advance for any help.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
New to this site and I have a little problem that I am hoping someone here can help me with. My father and I have purchased a 1976 Paystar 5000 Dump truck we were told it was off of a Army base in AL and then passed over to a local TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) shop. The truck has 7300 miles showing on it with a little over 3000 hours, Cummins NTC290 with automatic transmission. Over the weekend we pulled the oil filters and drained the oil out of the engine. "Here is the problem" Someone had lost or left out the springs and washers that hold the filter (Canister type) against the engine. The filter was lose just sitting inside the canister a couple inches below the block. My dad went to the local NAPA dealer and got new filters I did a little surfing online and found a TM for the truck, it shows the spring and bevel type washer that would hold the filter. I'm trying to find the missing parts to ensure proper filtration of oil or another option may be to replace the canister filter with a spin on type filter. Thanks in advance for any help.
Post a picture of the housing element and the engine. It helps. I believe maybe the 250 spin on conversion will work.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks