• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Current issue olive drab paint

kabar1

what is the paint code for current issue olive drab paint being used right now? Is it semi gloss? lusterless? Ive searched this forum but could not find what I was looking for. What are the diffrences between 1980's olive drab and current issue OD? Rapco doesn't seem to have the right color either.:tank:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
By current issue OD do you mean the current greenweldersamA.jpg like WelderSams truck, that was a recent paint so has not lightened yet to look like this003.jpg

If so that is 383 green FS(federal standard) 34094 and it is flat. other colors are

• Black, FS37030
  • Brown 383, FS 30051
  • Tan 686A, FS 33446
  • Aircraft Green, FS 34031
  • Aircraft Gray, FS 36300
  • BTW Rapco has the correct colors it's just that they change with age. Before camo painted MV's it was semi gloss 50's-70's and before that WWII- early 50's flat and before WWII gloss

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could go with any of the semi-gloss paints Rapco offers if you like the colors. Personally, I like the 383 green Rapco has. It's a "flat" paint but does has a little more gloss than real CARC. It will fade out flatter over time though.

I buy all my spray cans from Rapco but I get my gallons mixed at the local PPG store. They can give me a spot on match to Rapco paint and I don't have to pay the hazardous shipping charges.

greg burns

kabar1:
For not too large an investment you could get samples mixed of all three colors and do a test spray on your vehicle. The home depot samples are only a few ounces each. They also carry an inexpensive spray bottle system you could apply the test samples with:
Home_Depot_sprayer.jpgThe original colors on my Deuce were light green and forest green(34079). I'm planning to repaint the truck in solid forest green.
IMG_8334b.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish i could find more pictures on here of solid painted CUCVs in 34079 Gellespi, 383, and diffrent shades of od all in one place.
Problem with that is everyones computer and monitors are different and the colors do not appear the same.

The colors with samples have been posted over the years. May take a little digging to find them

The 34079 is a post-Vietnam era color. Usually with the 4 color camo. Search the site for 34087. Alot of thread come up.

The is a tread asking for people to post pictures of their Deuces and 5tons that have the 24087 paint. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?81502-Show-your-24087-deuces!!!&highlight=show+us+your

Rapco has a sample page with the colors and numbers:

http://www.rapcoparts.com/padenew.html

Looking at the paint numbers you will see a pattern: 30000 series are flat, 20000 series are semi-gloss and 10000 series are gloss.

You can paint your truck any color you want.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks