• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

current prices

jag7720

I am returning from Afghanistan in a few weeks and I'm considering selling my M1009. I love the truck but I think my needs have changed over the last 4 years.

I have no idea what they are going for these days...other than what I've seen on e-bay ($9000 ?!?!).

I'm not certain I'll sell ... I'd just like to get a feel for how much these trucks go for now.

I know this is a subjective topic, but can you guys clue me in?

Approx 60k miles
Two year old complete banks turbo system (bought new and installed by me)
Rebuilt tranny
New Starter
New block heater (not a big deal but it didn't have one)
Rear Side Slider windows - Factory Tinted
New Injection Pump
New Injectors
New u-joints all around.
New ball joints
New brakes
Added a tranny cooler
New Aluminum radiator
New batteries
New Rear tailgate - not installed yet
Converted to 12 Volts
Electric fuel pump
Converted to a Spin-on fuel filter

With all that, what could one expect to get if put up for sale?

I have a WVO system that I'd throw in but that shouldn't effect the price.

Thanks

ABN173

ok In the past I would have said up to 4.5k for private sale and auction fetch even less, however the well is drying up. I am seeing what I believe will be a upward climb/increase in value as they are not found as plentiful on auctions anymore. I am seeing guys that want one going to extremes such as buying across country and having it shipped to them. My two cents is hang onto to it for a few more years and you will probably be able to sell for more. That is if you are still in the mind to sell. I'm not even going to discuss the e-bay thing. There are guys asking 15k for deuce too....

-Dale

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That the impression I get when I nose around the internet, that I'm asking too much for mine. Maybe I'll sell the window guards and air conditioning separately then price it competitively.

steved454

I paid $1700 for my M1028 a couple of years ago in running condition. the M1009's at the auction went for $2300 to $2500 running. The last ones I saw from GL around here a few months ago they where going for around $3000.
That said with the banks and IP replaced $5 , $6 or even $7000. Like everyone else said it matters on the person. If I did not have mine I would pay you $6500 in a heart beat for yours since it has everything I would want on it.
just my 2 cents.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $3975 for my M1028 in 2010. Bought it from a dealer in Scottsdale AZ. Other than the rubber being dryrotted, it was in excellent shape and only had 12,338 miles. I have since spent over $8,000 on the complete rebuild and am completely comfortable with my investment.

I believe as time goes by, these trucks are going to become more and more scarce and the pricing will continue to escalate. 2cents

epartsman

Paid $800 for ole Rusty in Orlando last October with 23K miles, broken qtr glass, bad starter and flywheel, and dead batteries. Needs lots of body repair but shes up and running and being driven. Price is subjective 2 non modified 60k mile units sold in Jax for 3k recently and the well on GL for 09's is dry. I was hoping to buy a good body for mine but I think that time is over as Hooks just got rid of the last one and I have not seen one within reasonable driving distance in Months so I guess I'm gonna have to sand blast and patch.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe start with the going price for a civvy of the same year and tweak from there? I dunno, are the M-series worth more or less than civvy? Completely different market ?

Iceman3005

I paid 800 for one and 900 for the other, both were not running, need some body work, and they need constant mechanical work, but I drive both of them daily (when there not broke down).

epartsman

Paid $1300 for my M1009 with 54K miles at Ft Sill. Runs and drives fine. Feel like I got a steal! Never plan on selling...
You were one of the lucky ones. You need to look for hidden cancer as it starts behind the rockers moving onto the floorboards and up the b pillars inside. The tail pans rot as well. Ask me how I know.

Mine will be with me as long as there are welders, sheet metal, and replacement parts. If an 09 is nice, no rust, nice interior, updated mechanically, good tires etc. you can expect realisticly to get or pay $4,500 to 6K for one as the cheap ones found on GL are no more. I have been checking for the last few weeks and I think across the country there are maybe 6 pickups and blazers total on GL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks