• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Current Radio Setup for the M35A2

CharlyArmy

I just brought home a couple of M35A2s that have the commo setup in them, but of course, no radio. It appears that everything is present from the antenna to the speaker box, handset and base. What type of radio is the system set up for and are they available to the civie market.

I can remember back in the old days, you could tune the radio to one of it's lower fregs and pick up the local TV stations.

BillIdaho

Probably one of the easiest ways to determine what series it is would be to look at the radio mount, or I should say see if it has a n MT1029 or the newer radio mount. They are easy to distinguish one from another. The MT1029 mount does not have three terminals facing up in addition to the ones that plug into the radio when it is installed. If the radio mount has terminals facing up, it is the new SINGARS compatible stuff. The other way to check is what speaker does it have? If it has an LS454, it is the VRC (RT 524,RT246 era). If it has the newer PLASTIC speaker, then again, it is new style. New stuff is cool, but still almost too new, as I believe finding the proper radio is the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks