• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

current Rhino/Rico spare tire carrier value?

Lucasd2002

What is the current value on the used market for a Rhino/Rico spare tire carrier? I think I may want one for a project.

Anywhere close to a set of 4 Dick Cepek 16.5" alloys? This is what I have to trade towards it

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on condition lately I have seen the tire carriers go from $600 on up (bent/missing parts), a really nice one will bring well north of $1000, I did see a NOS one go for $2000 on GP recently even though you can buy one directly from the factory for $1,850, all this of course is plus shipping.
Most folks here looking for alloy rims are trying to get away from the 16.5" tires also most civy rims do not have the correct offset for use on a Humvee
You can check on Fleabay, Beltfed sells quite a few starting at $650 or so (bent/missing parts) and they do not last long.
You can also put a want in the classifieds and see what response you get.
That is a very nice looking square body!!!!

thoner7

Depending on condition lately I have seen the tire carriers go from $600 on up (bent/missing parts), a really nice one will bring well north of $1000, I did see a NOS one go for $2000 on GP recently even though you can buy one directly from the factory for $1,850, all this of course is plus shipping.
Most folks here looking for alloy rims are trying to get away from the 16.5" tires also most civy rims do not have the correct offset for use on a Humvee
You can check on Fleabay, Beltfed sells quite a few starting at $650 or so (bent/missing parts) and they do not last long.
What’s beltfed??

I also did not know they still make these? Can you really buy them new??

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've purchased a number of items from Beltfed and never had any issues and the service is top shelf. I just can't believe how much parts cost has increased in the last few years. Like everything else I guess.

Mark
I purchased a very nice complete Rico tire carrier about 3 years ago for $600.

Lucasd2002

These are the same Dick Cepek wheels that came on many of the civilian Hummers in the '90s - they have the correct offset. I replaced them with 24-bolt wheels

IMG_8482.jpg

Thanks man.

Autonomy_Lost

thoner7

Has anyone tried making one? I’ve thought about it, using one of these as the adjustable link. But I’m not sure if there’s enough range in the threads. This one is 9”

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone tried making one? I’ve thought about it, using one of these as the adjustable link. But I’m not sure if there’s enough range in the threads. This one is 9”
Yes. A member here made one and posted the design and the results. He was happy with what he made.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andyrv6av8r made one…

Post 4048 “what have you done lately” thread.

4051 has his partial parts list.

He posted elsewhere regarding his build BUT it is eluding me. I just woke up and I’m still rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks