• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Curse this infernal wiring!!

Bobert

I haven't taken the tray out, but I did get a new, bigger battery.
Before, the front battery was only 550cca, and the rear was 700cca. So i took it in to the shop I work at, and the rear battery was bad.

Now I have a 790cca front and 550cca rear. It cranks better, and my lights have been working for two days now.

I still think they will go out at any time, so I'm continuing the search this weekend. I will look under the battery tray first. I noticed that side marker is not on when it should be.

I don't think a bad battery would cause the light fuse to burn out but I wouldn't complain either.

mangus580

Bobert said:
I haven't taken the tray out, but I did get a new, bigger battery.
Before, the front battery was only 550cca, and the rear was 700cca. So i took it in to the shop I work at, and the rear battery was bad.

Now I have a 790cca front and 550cca rear. It cranks better, and my lights have been working for two days now.

I still think they will go out at any time, so I'm continuing the search this weekend. I will look under the battery tray first. I noticed that side marker is not on when it should be.

I don't think a bad battery would cause the light fuse to burn out but I wouldn't complain either.
Please please please do yourself a BIG favor, and put a MATCHED set of batteries in that? You are going to have nothing but trouble with it if you dont.

sturkopp

I had the same thing, driving some narrow roads in the nite: pOw! Dark! :shock:
The most terrible thing is that for some reason emergency lights go over the same fuse.
later turning lights came to glow when breaking. :roll:

There is only one cure:

throw everything out an built a new harness by yourself, only with the necessary :twisted:

Bobert

Well, I got another battery, I guess they are 850cca not 790.

It now starts with a flick of the key like it did in the summer, before all the problems.

The lights have still not burned out. 4 days now.

Magnus580, Do you know of any specific problems that occur with two different sized batteries? have I been experiencing them?

Sturkopp, that sounds like one of those things that if I try it, half the things will work and I will just live with it. Right now I think I will replace it a little piece at a time. I would sure get to know the truck though if I did that.

mangus580

Bobert said:
Magnus580, Do you know of any specific problems that occur with two different sized batteries? have I been experiencing them?
Primarily Starting & charging problems.

As to your light problems.... you have something rubbed through and shorting intermittently. You need to just take the time to follow as much of the light harness as you can to see where it is.

Primarily Starting & charging problems.

As to your light problems.... you have something rubbed through and shorting intermittently. You need to just take the time to follow as much of the light harness as you can to see where it is.
Another bump for a relevant thread. I'll check all harnesses and the fuse, although the fuse doesn't seem logical because they come back on.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:???:What the heck are you talking about?

pbrstreetgang

Same Issues

I have been going through almost the exact same thing.

Come home one night park the CUCV.
Wake up the next day, dead, won't turn over.
Sits two days while I try to jump, when I hook up jumper cables, Gen 1 light comes on and Gen 2 Light comes on, when I take them off, only Gen 1 light comes on. Tells me rear battery bad

I replace with a 6tmf battery (dekka)

Truck starts
works great

drving home one night, lights go out
burn through 6 30 amp fuses.

mess with wires, pull this, pull that, get it to stop burning fuses but lights dont work.

I replace the whole switch as I found broken pieces in the floor. Lights work, but they start flashing after a minute. Turn signals light up when brake is depressed. No back up lights. I have pulled all fuses and greased them with dialectric grease, the BO light harness is greased, the new light switch is greased and I pulled my Gen 1, Gen 2, 4X4 bulbs and greased them.

I know that I probably have a short somewhere, that would explain the lights going out and the flashing, but what about the turn signals when pressing the brake pedal?