• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Curt 14082

Flea

Well, my wife informed me on the phone that my hitch has finally arrived (of course, when I'm out of town for work :lol: ). I ordered the Curt 14082 like many others have on here, but I had a question and wanted a few opinions...

I know it's a black powdercoat on the hitch, and that it's somewhat glossy. I'm worried it'll stick out like a sore thumb under the deuce with everything else in flat. What is the best way to go about trying to paint over the powdercoat? I was thinking just rough up the surface some with sandpaper, then primer and paint, but I wanted an opinion on here before I do anything.

Also, I'm torn between flat black and green like the rest of the truck.

I'll post pictures once I get it installed this weekend.

Attachments

Flea

Got it on tonight... holy CRAP what an ordeal. I snapped one drill bit, and the one I bought to replace it wouldn't bite with a pilot hole... NEVER had that one happen before.

Then, the way I had it held up shifted, so I drilled one hole off the mark without realizing it. Luckily, it was off enough for me to readjust the hitch, then redrill the proper holes without any problems.

Pics to come tomorrow afternoon; I've got a headache and 8 hours of traffic school tomorrow... for 7 over the limit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks