• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Curt receiver hitch for the Deuce, 18,000lb/1,800lb

quickfarms

Did that price include shipping?

A piece of 2" receiver tube makes a great adapter.

As far as the lights go you can make or buy a voltage reducer or convert the trailers to omni voltage LED's.

goldneagle

Did that price include shipping?

A piece of 2" receiver tube makes a great adapter.

As far as the lights go you can make or buy a voltage reducer or convert the trailers to omni voltage LED's.
Amazon has 2 adapter tubes. Get the generic one, it's a lot cheaper and fits perfect.

peppy

for those of you that are not sure how to wire the light for 12v you either need a battery equalizer of a 24v to 12v converter, here is a quick schematic and a pic of the hitch that i built for my deuce, will post pcs once its installed as well

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
for those of you that are not sure how to wire the light for 12v you either need a battery equalizer of a 24v to 12v converter, here is a quick schematic and a pic of the hitch that i built for my deuce, will post pcs once its installed as well
Would you happen to have a larger-size image of that schematic? I can't read anything on the size you posted. Thanks!!

Katahdin

Hey guys, I'm trying out these cheap ebay ($17) 5 amp 24V-to-12V transformers inline for each hot 12V trailer wire. I think its a little less complicated than wiring in relays and the price point is competitive when you consider purchasing relay bases, makeing a box for the relays, extra wires, connectors, etc. The transformers are waterproof and I'm bolting them directly to the curt hitch.

24 volt goes in the red wire. 12 volt comes out the yellow wire. The black wires and white trailer harness wire get grounded to the hitch/chassis.

So far so good! I've got the right turn signal working through a trailer harness, I plan to finish the other two circuits tomorrow (LH turn and Tail lights). Note, these are just for the lighting, for the brake controller I plan to use a 30amp relay to a larger transformer.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9YSLTeMzPw&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Attachments

Last edited:

Danl

Danl M915A1

H P Fairfield on pleasant hill road scarboro sells L E D light that work on eather 12 volts or 24 volts, you don't chang nothing jest mount them on the tailer and wire them in. I'm not sure if all L E D lights work this way I'm going to check on that, The ones I got were not much money and worked Jest Fine HP fairfield has a web page and might list the light

goldneagle

H P Fairfield on pleasant hill road scarboro sells L E D light that work on eather 12 volts or 24 volts, you don't chang nothing jest mount them on the tailer and wire them in. I'm not sure if all L E D lights work this way I'm going to check on that, The ones I got were not much money and worked Jest Fine HP fairfield has a web page and might list the light
I looked on their web site and did not find any. Can you provide an actual link to the item?

Katahdin

Thanks Danl, I'm familiar with the location but not the company HP Fairfield, looks like they've got some interesting stuff!

I'm doing the 24 to 12 volt conversion tho so I can borrow my neighbor's equipment trailer and rent the towable articulating boom lifts from Handyman Equipment Rental in Portland.

Last edited:

TacticalDoc

Looks like prices have gone up a bit in the past three months. The cheapest I can find is $188 with free shipping at Amazon.
Amazon.com: Class V Receiver Hitch: Automotive

this hitch is for a deuce frame...anyone know a hitch that will fit the 5 ton
I'm not sure it will fit a 5 ton frame which has 29 to 33 inch frame if I remember correctly
these might fit
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00861NLFG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3CKSYKGDWV67N

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00861O3TE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2RA9SXXTGVE9R

Last edited:

brianp454

I purchased a #41947 Draw-Tite Class V Ultra Frame for $174 with free shipping. Aside from being class V rated with a regular 2 inch receiver, it can be assembled for different heights. The TOP of the receiver tube will sit below the bottom of the frame any of these three distances: 6-5/8-inches, 8-1/4-inches or 10-1/4-inches. Given the extreme height of the M35A2 (especially with taller tires), this gives greater flexibility over a fixed hitch when connecting small trailers. I plan to pull a M101A2 ¾ ton trailer with a lunette, so this hitch should allow me to pull it and any other trailer I’d ever want to pull (while keeping it level). I got mine from etrailer.com as it was on sale and for those shopping for a hitch, they have a great Q&A and will actually respond to a message. This is how I found the Draw-Tite I was looking for. Most places just list make and model like most of the auto parts stores staffed by people that don't know anything. etrailer actually helped out: Customer Service on HUT!

Draw Tite 41947 Photo.jpg

I'll post pics once it is installed.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks