• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Curt receiver hitch for the Deuce, 18,000lb/1,800lb

puppy

Good catch there. That is something to keep in mind. Especially since all my hitches are 2" and I probably have 10 different styles/configurations/attachments.

tm america

heres the one i made for my truck .its 1/2 inch plate down the back side rails are frame rails from a ford f6 reciever tube is 2 1/2 x2 1/2 inch by 1/4 wall tubing that runs all the way through to another 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 inch tube that runs side to side about two inchs back from the rear diff.it's held on to the truck by 14 1/2 inch grade 8 bolts five down each side and 4 on the rear cross member:twisted:it would have no problem with 50000lbs

Attachments

miltruckman

For all of you waiting to see how my hitch turns out. I just received an email from the company i ordered the hitch from:

"I apologize for the delay in shipping your order.

I have been keeping an eye on your shipment while we are waiting for the hitch you ordered to arrive from the manufacturer. I just received an update the hitch was delayed due to the holidays. We should have them on hand to ship by the first week of January. As soon as our shipment arrives, I will have your order expedited from our warehouse. I will send you an email with tracking information as soon as the order ships. As a reminder, you are not charged until the initial order ships.

Thanks,"

rwoods

It is too late for me as I have already built my hitch (will show pictures when I get it installed), BUT check out the hitch someone is looking for in the classifieds. I think one could adapt a lot of the concepts shown to a deuce and have a unique stout and removal hitch. Ron

miltruckman

O.K. I got my hitch today. It is pretty cold out there, but maybe this weekend I'll have time to look at how I'll do the install. I'll take some photos and measurements for all to see.

Bill
Michigan

greenjeepster

Thanks for the update:
I looked up that part number and that is the hitch for a 2010 gmc/chevy 3500. That is interesting because it means that GM has narrowed down their frame on that truck... in the past GMs had a 42" wide frame.

If anybody is looking for a hitch and doesn't know what year/make/model to put into the websites; any hitch for a 1973-1997 F250, F350, F450 is the right size for the deuce.

tm america

almost all duallies have a 34 inch frame as well as most medium and heavy duty trucks to its pretty standard with dual wheels since the frame cant be wider or the tires will hit the frame.

miltruckman

Hi Guys,

I managed to get the thing hoisted up under the back of my "bobb" truck and c-clamped it in place approx. where it will go. This should be enough to see how it will look when installed. I probably won't be up to drilling all those holes for another month or so. I took lots of photos and will post them tomorrow.

I measured from the bottom of the truck frame to the ground and it is 36 1/4 inches without the hitch. With the hitch in place it measures exactly 26 inches from the bottom of the hitch to the ground. So the hitch is 10 1/4 inches tall.

Any thoughts about how far forward or to the rear it should mount? (How far should I make it stick out or recess it towards the front?)

I put my triple ball hitch into the receiver for the photos even though I don't have the 2 inch to 2 1/2 inch adapter sleeve yet.

Bill

mckeeranger

Any thoughts about how far forward or to the rear it should mount? (How far should I make it stick out or recess it towards the front?)
Bill
I think that's going to be a matter of what you're going to tow with it. It needs to be far enough back for your trailer to clear the corners of the truck in sharp turns, but far enough forward for anything you might tow with the pintle hitch to clear the receiver.

That was no help at all, was it? :???:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks