• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cushions

white135

Hi everybody,I know this is random, and I dont even know why I am thinking about it now, but does anyone know where to get foam or whatever for the seats of the truck?  Not the covers but the innards?ThanksEric

jatonka

seat cushions

The sure thing is to go to an Upholstery shop, automotive or household, doesn't matter. They can send you to the right place. I have a plastics out fit right near home and they sell seconds of real nice foam to my Amish friends, so I never have to look far, but before that, I went to the upholstery shop and always got what I wanted. You can still get the original fake horsehair too if you want to be correct. Same shops can get it. John T

littlebob

RE: seat cushions

Anybody used a particular foam(or combination) density that worked well instead of the box springs when redoing the passenger seat?
littlebob

sermis

RE: seat cushions

Cover the foam in plastic unless your truck is water tight. Will help keep the embarrassing moments away.

oilcan

Re: RE: seat cushions

littlebob said:
Anybody used a particular foam(or combination) density that worked well instead of the box springs when redoing the passenger seat?
littlebob
I used the foam out of an old school bus seat. It needed trimmed down with an electric kitchen knife, but it turned out pretty well. The only problem I had was the canvas cover was so old it split a million different ways, and I haven't replaced it yet.

sermis

RE: Re: RE: seat cushions

I lucked out on canvas. I found a piece of oiled canvas tent repair material. It is heavy weight and works grate and even has the smell.

dc3coyote

RE: Re: RE: seat cushions

Kinda cushy, I used that new space foam, just get the high density stuff.
Your butt will thank you, wrap it in water proof plastic and seal it though. my .02 cents

M215

Replacement seat cushions

I have replaced the original horse hair stuffing in our vehicles seats with sleeping mat. The military sleeping mat material is closed foam and will not adsorb water. We use the old cushions as patterns, since the sleeping mat material is only 1/2" thick we glue 3-4 layers together with spray adhesive to get the needed thickness. Usually round off the edges before pulling on the canvas seat covers. The old horse hair deteriorates and breaks down to dust, flies around in the cab and ends up in my eyes when driving with the cowl vents open.
Just my $.02
Karl

emr

RE: Replacement seat cushions

On one deuce i folded up and trimed up some moving blankets i had lyin around ..they worked its as uncomfortable as anything else,like a real deuce, he hehe ..Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks