• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

custom cargo Carrier

jag7720

You know those cargo carriers that fit into the hitch?
Well, has anyone thought of or made a custom carrier that would mount (slide) onto the two spots where the shackles mount?

I was thinking of this today as I was wondering how you could have a bit of cargo space AND tow a small trailer and not have to take up all the room inside the truck. And you could use it on the front or back.

Thoughts?

jag7720

Well it is not a necessity but I suppose the carrier could have both mounts available...

The rear is 37 9/16" from outside to outside
The front is 31 1/4" from outside to outside

m4A1

I once considered doing a winch mount that way but don't think my welds would hold up to winching and I dont have the metal working tools.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks