• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

custom delineator panels

Maverick1701

**this is a cross post from the conversation section**

I was hunting around for some vehicle delineators for my M35A2. For a vehicle of it's size it blends in especially well at night.....even more-so out here on our dark rural west tx roadways. With only two small red tail-lights I wanted something to help avoid being rear-ended by some idiot...so I started shopping for delineator panels.

The prices for "real" military delineators were....ok...but the shipping was astronomical (usually shipping was priced equal or higher than the cost for the panels themselves).

The guy who does our vehicle striping at my Sheriff's Office also does sign work. He has done a few things for me in the past (on the personal order side as well as the SO side) involving metal wall hangers.

I got the bright idea to have him whip up some panels for me after I gave him the dimensions, specs (super-mega-highly reflective), and pictures of the "real" models with which to copy.

I picked them up today and could not be happier. I paid $36 for the pair which is about 1/3 of the prices I was seeing online....and I was able to support a local business. So it was a win-win.

If you have a local sign guy and are looking for a set of panels for your MV, he can probably save you some money.

There are already 4 holes in the upper mud flap/steel support area so I didn't have to drill more holes in my truck. I decided to use those holes so I wouldn't have to 1. move my license plate and 2. deal with unbolting/re-bolting the mud flap supports.

I wanted a way to space the panels from the upper mud flaps so they wouldn't bend on the ribs already imprinted on the steel mud flaps. I used 5/16 coupling nuts as spacers between the mud flaps & the new panels.

If there are any interest in these let me know and I get have some more sets made for my fellow MV-ers.

WP_20170121_17_13_07_Pro (2).jpg

Maverick1701

I have had several people PM me asking about getting plates. I am going to give y'all the contact info of the sign guy (w/his blessing). That way I don't have to get involved with SS classifieds, paying seller fees, acting as a middle-man, etc.

When you contact Allen, if you specify "military vehicle delineator plates" or "the military vehicle plates you sold Chris from the Sheriff's Office", he will know what you are asking about. He can also do custom sizes if you want a smaller set (like for trailer or CUCV) or a larger set for anything else. The plates I ordered are the correct military issued size of 40cm square.

His contact info is: Allen Murdock
lonewolfgraphix@yahoo.com (806) 259-2007

Attached are two pictures of plates. the plates on the couch are the plates produced for me. The plates in the grass are the "real" military plates.

Attachments

Last edited:

NormB

Found a place overseas (France) that has 'em. Two pair 20x20CM (7.85"), shipped, about $50 after Euro exchange.

Ordered a couple pairs.

I'll post elsewhere when I get them.

http://surplus.saintois.com/en/others/56-military-vehicle-delineator.html

Edit 02-07-2018

Arrived today. very well packaged, manila envelope, two layers of thin cardboard holding the stack of four.

Think I'm going to mount a pair on some 1/8" aluminum plate for semi-permanent mounting since I don't know how well the adhesive will stick to CARC or the mudflap rubber.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks