• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Custom Double Front Bumper.

Heath_h49008

If you really want to mount the cans up front you could always pull the front bumper foward a bit using frame extensions so that the cans could fit behind the bumper. That way they would have added protection.
I do like that... and I couldn't get enough of those pics of Don's when he showed them to me... That double bumper is good looking. Actually, that whole truck looked amazing... tons of details on it that looked like good ideas.

My issue with jerry cans would be keeping them from getting ripped off or siphoned. I kinda like the mudflap spot. You might not even notice they were there.

How do you guys lock 'em... or don't you... the jeep bicycle chainlock?

islandguydon

Hey Heath, I was thinking the same thing. For the fuel I would think a platic coated security loop with a lock, the water not so much. Peace out

Heath_h49008

All the things I like about that truck...

Bumper... of course

Hub covers
The fender lights
Muffler/fording kit
front pintle hitch
roof rack/antenna mounts

The gun case... maybe not
Hood ornament... ummm... not my flavor, but it fits that truck well.:beer:

islandguydon

HEATH, I almost creamed my jeans when I first saw it, I must have took 20 pictures of just that truck. In Georgia I was on a mission for WM to get 2 pictures of every MV on the FOB. I posted a photobucket link. I was getting used to a new cool pix and I uploaded doubles. Sorry for being technology challenged when it come to cameras. There are many examples of every variation MV you could think of.

I think PappaBears Gun Truck was the cleanest truck of them all and defiantly says "BADD AZZ"

Here is the link,

Pictures by islandguydon - Photobucket

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Attachments

Danger Ranger

Hehehe, no thats not mine....I wish though! That is another members, who I am trying to coax into updating his thread. I want to know more about it. Look him up.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
After offroading in a deuce, there's no way I'd make my from approach angle and lower than it already is.

Hooty481

I like the idea of the double bumper. you would realy make your bumper any lower as long as you put the second bumper on top. I agree with most that cans on the front would be a bad idea.

I think the double bumper would be great if you had a winch. You could make a roller fairlead to put on the out side and it would keep the cable from tearing up the bumper.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like Steve's Diamond T wrecker......

I was going to do it on my M813A1 because I had an extra M35 bumper.
I was sadly disappointed when I found out the 5T and 2.5T have different size bumpers.

Attachments

gunrunr

I suppose it is possible to have a big flamming explosion, anybody every have one with diesel fuel? I personally wouldn't want them on the front myself.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don, I think your best bet would be a custom tank to fit the area between the truck frame and the 109 box frame. If you could get a tank made to fit in there, you could have 100s of gallons if you wanted. I looked into having one made for my truck, but found a smoking deal on a 100gal tank, so I went that route. I still have my eyes open for something that might work though.

rattlecan6104

I definately would like to upgrade my bumper as well, but being a winch truck even mounting the extra bumper on top, i'm not too sure how well the indicators and head lights will work out

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 2 cents..the "look" is kinda cool, but don't you think the deuce is hard enough to steer..WITHOUT adding more weight to the front axle??

islandguydon

Like Steve's Diamond T wrecker......

I was going to do it on my M813A1 because I had an extra M35 bumper.
I was sadly disappointed when I found out the 5T and 2.5T have different size bumpers.

I would buy your M35 bumper if it matches my 71. What do you think..?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks