• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Custom front tag for my Deuce

Phansm72

Since I live in SC and we dont need a front tag , I was messing around with some custom made front tags for my deuce and came up with these 3. Which do yall like/not like. 2 are 71 SC replicas and the third is a Nato tag.

Attachments

Last edited:

Phansm72

I have seen many vehicles running around with plates from other states on the front and a SC plate on the rear. Law requires only rear plates here so you can do whatever with the front. I have a real Bahama Government tag on the front of my 70 Plymouth Roadrunner , many police friends , never been an issue. If you try and duplicate current tags I can see that being a problem but the ones I posted are old plates that arent in current use.

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMHO.....
Tread carefully on the production and display of "counterfeit" License Plates. If they look too "real" they could become quite EXPEN$IVE for you. Check your state laws before you embark on this endeavor.
I think he's OK regarding counterfeit plates, as long as he has a real SC plate displayed on the rear. Could be a different story if he enters a state that does have front plates, but I think he could explain his way out of it.

I live in Georgia, which also doesn't have front plates, but I normally do not display my rear plate. I have it mounted in a magnetic holder stored inside the cab. I drive my Deuce routinely all over Georgia, East Tennessee and Western North Carolina and have never been pulled over, probably because they assume I am genuine military. My stock Deuce has military markings on it. The local sheriff's dept has no problem with me driving without a rear plate, because they all know me, and they like my Deuce. I am always prepared with the story that I forgot to stick the magnetic holder on the rear.

Flyingvan911

I like the first one the most. #3 is second. #2 third. I made a rear plate mount for my deuce then when I picked up my Missouri BL24 tag, I found out the one and only plate goes on the front. Now I am making a front holder.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the first one the most. #3 is second. #2 third. I made a rear plate mount for my deuce then when I picked up my Missouri BL24 tag, I found out the one and only plate goes on the front. Now I am making a front holder.
I like the magnetic mounts because they can be easily removed. The ones I use are very well made, with a strong magnet, plastic coated so that it doesn't mar the finish. I got them from Windswept Promotions at Licence Plate Holders - Promote Your Dealership . I went through some poorly made ones prior to this model.

Attachments

jaxsof

In MD we can get a genuine "old" tags, and link it to our historic tags, as long as we have our current tag in the vehicle.

As you're making your own, I really like the NATO tag! It'll keep them guessing, too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks