• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Custom oil pan on LDT-465

chevycrew

Ive done some research on here and cant find too much. To do my 56 chevy cab/nose swap, I need to move the front axle about 10 inches forward, along with the steering etc...

But my issue is oil pan clearance. What i am thinking is to flip the stock pan around. then modify the low portion that is originally in the rear of the pan to basically not be there.

The results would be a oil pan that resembled that of a small block chevy. flat bottom with rear sump.

If im still a little close I can alter the suspension height.

Engine is a LDT-465-1C

Where is the oil pump and its pickup located?
How far does the pump hang down beyond the oil pan mounting flange?
Would the LDS oil pickup work for a rear sump?
Should I just build my own pickup?

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

To see im not hacking a good truck, click here
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=14748

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the oil pump is in the front and has a scavenger pump that moves oil from the rear small sump to the front for main pump so there are 2 pickups. look in the engine manual for pictures, you should have no problem reversing the pan and modifying it but you may have to disable the scav pump

JDToumanian

All the manuals for the Multifuel engines (troubleshooting, overhaul, parts) are here on Steel Soldiers in pdf format... just click on "Technical Manuals" from the menu on the left. I'd look up the numbers you need, but I'm writing this from my cell phone's browser. It's pretty obvious, though...

Jon

chevycrew

Ill check to see how much i lose, then that might be required. But if I expand the area notched for the front axle, and just cut off the lowmost portion of the small sump, I should be about the same as original.

chevycrew

Im sorry, about the TM....I completely missed the "next page" button.

Ill do some research on my own before i bug everyone some more.... lol guess im blind sometimes.

chevycrew

Well by searching the photos, it appears I need the oil pickup tubes and mounting bracket from a LDS-465

TM 9-2815-210-34p
Figure 20 (LDS diagram)
Items 25, 56 and 57

Anyone have these laying around? I posted a classified as well.

Thanks for all the help guys!!!