• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Custom Plow setup for my CUCV

chevyCUCV

Bringing up the dead

You ever run into any issues with this ace?
I just picked up a diamond plow for 90 bucks. Blade and headgear. No lower mount. Think its a newer plow, as it has the pins on the a frame, and the new style headlights.
I plan to make something like this instead of spending ridiculous money for a truck side mount.

My hydraulic pump looks beat, not sure if it works yet. Did you buy a wiring kit for it?
Also is your plow motor 24 v? would much rather run off both alts.

Thanks for the awesome documented thread also, i have a great idea of how to start out:beer:

acesneights1

It worked out good. We got hammered with snow last year and it held up fine but yes i would recommend trying to get a 24v motor. The pump runs slow off 1 batt. I am converting mine to 12v soon so i did not bother. I want the serp belt setup and i have a 250 amp powerline alt off an emt truck for a 6.5td serp setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks