• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

custom shifter

I've installed a rear facing auxilitary pto off the back of the tranny pto on a m818 w/w, From what i found is that you can engage and disengage it in an out of gear but i have yet to come across the proper linkage to do so. I have seen some home made / custom jobs but i didn't like the big hole cut in the passanger floor. Did the m809 w/w series ever come with linkage's to disengage an engage the auxilitary pto off the back of the 5 ton m800 w/w tractor's? Anyone have pictures of a set up that work's without cutting the floor? I,m thinking of maybe a air cylinder or something along those line's. I've looked in the fuel/pumper TM's and either over looking or in the wrong section . thanks for any pictures ,part's # or advice. Deat

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The linkage that is behind the driver left side and comes off the floor controls both PTO ingagement and hoist control. If you get stuck on it I might have what you need.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was just thinking more. Don't you have a lever right next to the high low transfer case lever for winch pto control? Would you not just use that leaver for the winch but have the ingagement leaver on the winch disengaged. Then the pto is used for the rear pump you will install?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's the same as a deuce, you can take a look at the linkage pieces by searching in the "Parts for Sale". SS member USMC6062 is selling a rear PTO and pump kit. The cross-shaft linkage with lever is clearly visible.

Rick

Last edited:

Looking at your pictures reminds me of why I went with air . It is tough to get to the area to mount the linkage with every thing installed .

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the front and rear faceing transmission output pto on a 809 series two differant shafts that spin independent or just one solid shaft?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK like I said I might have what you need. I have dumps but getting old and don't rember everything without putting my hands on it to be shure. Don't know if you would want to got with all the linkage that is on the dumps but I do have some with pto to pump drive shaft.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I will take pics today. I believe the 817 linkage is what you need. In your case you just don't hook up the linkage to the hoist control just pto control.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks