• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Custom Trailer Axles (M105)

armysurpguy

I have an M105 trailer and I do not have a Duece. So to make the trailer a little more manageable, I am replacing the axle with a smaller axle and tires. Sounds simple, but after numerous visits to the local trailer shops none of them could or would find a smaller axle for me. I did find a place on the internet that would though.

www.abctrailerparts.com

For around 200 bucks I've got a 5200lb axle being custom made and shipped to me here in VA. The company is out of Northern AL.

The only catch is they will not give the 1 year warranty on it because on the M105 the spring centers are so far away from the hub face.

The trailer weighs 2400 lbs empty as is. I'm taking a lot of weight off the trailer with the smaller axle and the most I'll be carrying in it is 2 Harley's which would be a total of 1500 pounds at the most.

I would hope the 5200 lb axle would hold up to that even if the spring centers are that far away from the hub face.

What do you guys think?
By any chance you don't remember the measurements you gave them to make it do you? It would help me a lot to get one ordered for me.
Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks