• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cutting metal out of door frame

Daytodog

One thing about getting in and out of truck a lot is that darn metal at bottom of door frame always seems to get in the way of my feet when stepping in. Has anyone cut that metal out so that its flush with the floorboard. Just wanted to throw it out there for some feedback. Anybody think it will weaken it significantly or should I just brake out the plasma and go for it?

MtnSnow

I think you could probably cut it down shorter like maybe up to half it's stock size, but I agree it's there for reinforcement so I personally wouldn't cut it completely out.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reinforcement aside, you could cut it out and put some other kind of bar across the bottom. If I have heavy boots on it is sometimes a pain to get my leg up in the truck.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
This has been brought up in the past. I think it was a fire station that cut theirs out, said the doors wouldn't stay closed after they cut it out. It wasn't right away, it was about a year later.

mattwspeed

we have cut ours out of a crew cab we are building. We fully framed the top and added additional side supports to avoid cab flexing. These are for support since the tops are designed to be removed. You can do it but you must completely frame (box) in the top and add rear support so that the cab, top and windshield frame are all tied in together. Otherwise the cab will flex and your doors wont be able to shut.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks