• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CV, Steering kunckle, Dust boot...again.

47to70

Looking for the best zipper CV boots made today. I know this has been brought up many times before, but things do change. My last boot failed after only 4 months and 380 miles, all on the hard ball.......that's a very sad piece of junk. Who's got after market zipper boots that will go at least 1000 miles or last at least a year?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've put thousands of miles on both my M35A2 and my M35A3, both on road and many miles off-road in poor terrain. I've never had a boot fail. The boots on my trucks are what were on them from the Army. IMO you should be looking for boots that last a lot more than 1000 miles or one year.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I've not heard anything good about zipper boots in the last 5 years. Best bet is to go with the silly-cone rubber non-zippers.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as zipper boots go, I've had the best luck with boots that have a copper plated zipper. My present set have been on for 3 years, 2500 miles and still look good. I used boots with a silver zipper once and within a year they were cracked and torn. Also make sure when you reassemble that all parts are free of grease and oil. Just my 2 cents.

47to70

Thanks Tracer, will look for some cooper plated ones. Do you remember where you got them? Back in the late 60"s when I first stared driving these things do not remember having many problems with the gubberment issue boots, sure would be nice if someone would make them up to the older GI standards.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks