• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CVR(T) or two from IN to CA

teletech

A fellow has a couple british APCs for sale and I'm trying to figure out what this would cost to get home.
For those unfamiliar, a CVR(T) is tracked armor 17' long, 7'wide, 6'10" high weighing about 8tons.
I'm really very open schedule-wise and the more specific locations are west of Indianapolis to the SF bay area of California. The originator can load and I have a loading dock but if there was an unloading option that might be better as my dock is hard to get to.

These work in a 20' container or on a flatbed and I'm debating one or two being shipped.
I'm sure there must be some fancy and cheap inter-modal solution but I'm not even sure where to start.
I did get a quote of a touch over $4K for one via u-ship.
Any help?

thanks,
Pavl_

jdknech

A fellow has a couple british APCs for sale and I'm trying to figure out what this would cost to get home.
For those unfamiliar, a CVR(T) is tracked armor 17' long, 7'wide, 6'10" high weighing about 8tons.
I'm really very open schedule-wise and the more specific locations are west of Indianapolis to the SF bay area of California. The originator can load and I have a loading dock but if there was an unloading option that might be better as my dock is hard to get to.

These work in a 20' container or on a flatbed and I'm debating one or two being shipped.
I'm sure there must be some fancy and cheap inter-modal solution but I'm not even sure where to start.
I did get a quote of a touch over $4K for one via u-ship.
Any help?

thanks,
Pavl_
IF these are the same CVT(t) APC's I am thinking of,
I hope you have looked them over VERY good, I have looked them over, and they are in pretty sad shape.. I would HIGHLY recommend putting boots on the ground before purchasing... just a heads up! best of luck!

teletech

Thanks for that. I've actually decided to bring one over from the UK since they are a lot fresher and the shipping cost really isn't much more.
P_