• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CX-10613/G cable needed

Crazyguypa

I am in need of a CX-10613/G cable that goes from the battery to the MX-7777B surge supressor for installing a Vic-1 system in my truck. If anyone has one or knows someone who has one for sale PM me.

Thanks

Crazyguypa

no one ?

also looking for a mt-1898 mount for the r-442a radio. any help would be appreciated.

Still need the power cable for the battery to the transient suppressor

Wile E. Coyote

MT-1898 mounts for the R-442 receivers are all over, but Fair Radio Sales in Lima, OH has your pick of either gov't reconditioned ones or used ones here:

https://www.fairradio.com/catalog.php?mode=search&query=mt-1898

Pretty sure that CX-10613/G cable is just the standard VRC-12 series power cable with the NATO 3-pin plug on the end. I have a few extra used ones stored at a friend's place if you still need them - just PM me if you're interested. $15 each plus mail costs.

taylordc15

Nope, I have the standard power cable that runs from the battery to the mount but want to use the MX-7777 between the battery and mount, different cable.

Wile E. Coyote

Nope, I have the standard power cable that runs from the battery to the mount but want to use the MX-7777 between the battery and mount, different cable.
Aah. So much for speed reading. It looks like the same weird power connector used for the GRC-106 judging by the pictures, as the female portion of the threaded center connector is on the equipment end for the GRC-106 and the MX-7777, where for the common VRC-12 stuff it's the reverse. A few Ebay vendors sell the GRC-106 power cables often enough if you want to gamble away...12 bucks or so. The polarity should be the same, but pop the MX-7777 covers and check to see what wire goes where first.

Speaking of 12 bucks, Mike Murphy has the MT-1898 for the R-442 receiver for 12 bucks here: U.S. ISSUE COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT AND RELATED ITEMS (about 3/4 the way down the page.) They look very used, but you don't see them cheaper.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
These are in short supply.

If you are looking at a supplier, all you really need is the plug that physically attaches to the back of the MX7777. The bezel ring with the 3 prongs inside is cut off anyway so as to allow you to attach the cable to the battery. The wire should be fairly common.

Wile E. Coyote

If you are looking at a supplier, all you really need is the plug that physically attaches to the back of the MX7777. The bezel ring with the 3 prongs inside is cut off anyway so as to allow you to attach the cable to the battery. The wire should be fairly common.
And as was said earlier, chances are the power plug/cable for the AN/GRC-106 radio setup will work if you can't find the original cable. Usually a bunch on E-Pay.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Not to resurrect a 2 and 1/2 year old thread, but my question directly relates to this and CARNAC's comment quoted above.

I have a 10-foot CX-10613/G that still has both ends. It seems like a shame to cut off the 3-prong end, but obviously my M35A2 isn't the vehicle it was intended or designed for.

So that's what I should do then, just lop off the 3-prong end? One day maybe I'll be able to have some sort of radio (VRC-12?) mounted under the passenger seat like I've seen others do.

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

AN/ARC186

I removed one of the 3 pin connectors and replaced it with a waterproof cable grip. I used a short section of 10G SJO cable I had and ran that from the battery compartment to the surge suppressor through the cable grip. that still gives me a 3 pin connection point.

Attachments

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the pictures, and cool wiring job!

However, I believe if you're connecting the 3-pin side ports of the suppressor to the battery, then that effectively by-passes the entire suppressor. I don't think that the circuit breaker or battle override switches will have any affect.

According to the diagrams I've looked at, the battery input is the 4-pin connector on the back, and the two side 3-pin connectors are for the VIC and a radio.

(See TM11-5915-224-14, Figure 2-2)

Unless you've rewired it inside of course. ;-)

Last edited:

AN/ARC186

Valence,
I should have been clearer on my description,
I didn't connect the battery on the three pin output side, the cable in the picture goes to the VIC 1 via a short four pin pigtail I had. I didn't have the 3 pin on the end so this allowed me to connect up.
I connected the other cable (not in picture) to the input terminals once I removed the damaged four pin connector on this suppressor. and replaced that with a cable grip as well. that is the one that goes to the battery.

So, as a result I have a straight cable, from the battery,(w/ inline waterproof fuse) to the internal input terminals of the suppressor and another cable from the output terminals up the the VIC that terminates in a 4 pin plug. this still leaves a 3 pin output connector for future use. and best of all I did it with parts I had and didn't have to order another cable assy.

Buck Wampum

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Resurrecting this thread, because I need the same cable (CX-10613/G) for the suppressor in my V-100 armored car. Any suggestions for sources?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
No idea on sources. I don’t have any that I know of although I’m doing a pre- pre- pre-retirement downsizing. Most of what I got left is mainly tools, a few tents, and some other odds and ends. If I run into one of these while cleaning house, I’ll let you know.

papakb

I could be wrong but I believe that the M series cable from the 25 amp generator to the regulator uses that same connector. It was refered to as a Bendix connector.

Try this:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks