• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cylinder Liner broken pieces in oil pan

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Say why you think the liner failed.

Now would be proper to retorque all the bearing, rod, head bolts and install a new harmonic balancer,
the existing is dead, did its job sort of....
State exactly what engine specifically You workinn on.....

Last edited:

martinv

Say why you think the liner failed.

Now would be proper to retorque all the bearing, rod, head bolts and install a new harmonic balancer,
the existing is dead, did its job sort of....
State exactly what engine specifically You workinn on.....
So far I don't know why the liner failed but 2 possible contributers:
1. Previous turbo failure where compressor wheel got ground up by nut that fell off and bounced around. This allowed small aluminum particles to get sucked into the air intake...
2. Injectors not functioning well. Some ok, others leaky and some would not 'pop' on the tester. One of the bad ones was on cylinder 1.
I created a separate topic on my injectors here.

Why would existing balancer be dead? I don't know much about them.
Engine info:

Engine Plate 1.jpg
Engine Plate 2.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks