• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

D day pumkinpatch west

armytruck63

Dueceaid, count me in. I literally drive by the farm every day. Your place is just down the hill from me. I'm always looking for local places to exercise MV's, especially the Mule.

deuceaid

Banned
Sparkie, and army truck63, feel free to join, no guns ( white flour) ( love the avatar pic ),,, Sparkie, is your ride road worthy< ei could it lead /scout for a convoy?

SIDE NOTE,,, if this happens we all need to be careful of sparks, open flames etc,,,,,at that time of the year everything is about to go up in flames,,,, if we are not careful!!!!!!!!!!!!! a few years ago a fellow church member died because of a fire started over in waterman canyon,,,,,need I say more?

Last edited:

Sparkie

Deuceaid;
My ride is sound, it's a class "A" vehicle. I would not want to put it through damaging
Terrain ! I have the feeling that the fun your expecting is the challange of getting through rough country. Let me know about this. I have a working RT524 radio on the jeep but not hooked up. Also have a working PRC 77, maybe we can use both of them for recon?
I guess a lot is possible, let me know more exactly what's involved.
P.S. Sparkie can't light fires. What's the "white flower" bit

deuceaid

Banned
Sparkie, White Flour is in refference to the user named "Hole" he has a pilsberry doughboy for his avatar I would like us to have a static display for the people to see for a good portion of the day Saturday, and also join in on the parade at the farm ( its a short run, half mile loop +/_). I would also like to fire up the trucks and convoy thru town and maybe up to Oak Glen to another farm, maybe have lunch, and convoy back down another route( almost all on asphalt), maybe parade and static again.

Later in the day we could go to the back part of the farm and hang out do whatever and get ready for deep pit bbq

Sparkie

Sounds great! Can you email me (ronk8@q.com) with Dates/times/locations. Addresses or cross streets are great for GPS. The static display I have is a Vietnam tent/campsite. Where will the static display be? On the farm? In town? By "parading the static" sounds like it's open to the public and therefore it will need security as there is a lot of $$$$$$$$ spent to establish it.

Another thought, any reenactors, what a chance to be in a convoy with it ending on a farm(more open space) sidenbarking and assualting a certian point with maybe smoke garnages
being thrown around them for effect. I'm thinking way out of the box here! Maybe storm the BBQ pit after we have been there a while as a surprise??

Anyway, email me and I'll send my phone # to talk further if you would like.
(great photo op. for advertizing next year).
Sparkie

deuceaid

Banned
well I count 10 people in on this event.....good , it makes for a good close group, easy suport, lots of food, and some FUN,,,,( no shooting,,, but I would if I could), at least 3 more turcks are showing up,,, well 4...