• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"D/F" painted over hoods.

McNulty

Anyone know what it means when D/F is spray painted on the hoods? I've seen this a few times tried google, and the search on this forum but still no closer to an answer. Here's a few pictures of different trucks with that painted on them. please help me figure this out. Thanks.Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 11.50.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-15 at 11.44.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-15 at 11.37.34 AM.png

royg

I bought a M1123 out of yermo with the D/F and X. I found some paperwork in it from a corporal who served at Camp Pendleton at the time it was sent to yermo that suggested to me the D/F meant "Doesn't Function"

On mine, somebody had crushed "NJP" into the fins of the ac condenser. I looked all over the interwebs and couldn't find NJP anywhere with anything to do with HMMWV's. I did find NJP means "non judicial punishment" in the military for things below official stuff like court-marshall so I didn't think much of it.

But it turns out after troubleshooting and getting it running, "NJP" meant the rig had a bad injection pump.

Mine had white stenciled markings on the front left of the hood that indicated "C/C F" which I believe means it's current condition is obsolete and not to be repaired if anything expensive breaks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I bought a M1123 out of yermo with the D/F and X. I found some paperwork in it from a corporal who served at Camp Pendleton at the time it was sent to yermo that suggested to me the D/F meant "Doesn't Function"

On mine, somebody had crushed "NJP" into the fins of the ac condenser. I looked all over the interwebs and couldn't find NJP anywhere with anything to do with HMMWV's. I did find NJP means "non judicial punishment" in the military for things below official stuff like court-marshall so I didn't think much of it.

But it turns out after troubleshooting and getting it running, "NJP" meant the rig had a bad injection pump.

Mine had white stenciled markings on the front left of the hood that indicated "C/C F" which I believe means it's current condition is obsolete and not to be repaired if anything expensive breaks.
So assume NJP means no JP8 someone was bored and made up their own system apparently

tgejesse

Essentially ‘DO NOT FIX’! I was right!

Action

Where is your a/c condenser that someone was able to touch the fins? And you could see it? Reddot?

McNulty

could you elaborate on how you came to this understanding about that Information stenciled on the hood?

selleckg

On mine there is a White X on the front bumper and a small white x hand painted on one of the steering components. Does this mean "Leroy was here?" or "Guber plum fixed this ya'll and come visit us at Mayberry"? I didn't see an answer to the White X mentioned above is why I'm bringing it up again. Also somebody spray painted the A/C condenser (engine compartment) with Pink/Red paint. Does this mean the a/c is cold enough to get that super hot girlfriend cold enough that she'll ride with you in the hummer during the hot summer??? or does it mean something else? You'd think the rumble of a detroit diesel would be enough but...

McNulty

found some good info about this question provided by a member of a facebook group.

"I dont know what the D/F means but it's not damaged frame. I suspect it signifies "drained fuel" And C/C E means Condition Code E. E means Its now functionally obsolete and is to be disposed of. Basically. If you look under the "E" you should see where it used to say"A". That was the condition code from it's rebuild. Good to go. Then it sat....and sat....and now they don't have the replacement parts in the chain anymore for these older unarmored types. So they deemed them C/C E"

wanted to post here so that we could all benefit from the information. thanks for the responses y'all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks