• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

D298ER What is it and what is it worth?

mackyoudip

Hey there, this is my first post on this forum!

I am looking at a few D298ER Hercules engines just because and was curious, What are they for? What are they worth, and who all even buys them?

Thanks

rickf

I know there are a bunch of D198ER engines going up for auction. They are used in the MEP 004- 005 Gen-sets. I always thought they would be a neat thing to have for log splitters or such, just don't know about connecting them up.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a D298ER in my SGPRSMD. Good industrial diesel motor. Runs very well and easy to work on.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you google D298ER you will find some vendors selling them.

Please be aware that it against the Site rules to talk about any current or future auction items.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to add you State to your user profile. That is a site requirement.

mackyoudip

I didn't know I had to have the state, I will add that when I get to a real computer.
Reason I'm asking is because the farm I work on has a few just laying around not connected to anything and my boss said I could take them off his hands to sell. When I googled "d298er" the only things that showed up were some useless websites with technical specs that didnt explain what they were for and this site.

It seems to be a pretty rare engine?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't know I had to have the state, I will add that when I get to a real computer.
Reason I'm asking is because the farm I work on has a few just laying around not connected to anything and my boss said I could take them off his hands to sell. When I googled "d298er" the only things that showed up were some useless websites with technical specs that didnt explain what they were for and this site.

It seems to be a pretty rare engine?[/

Check out Smokstak.com, I thought they were used on farm equipment also. Might find additional information on that site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks