• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Daft question, but ...

dblcamaros

Still rather new here....help plz.

Not really sure if this is where I need to post this but here goes. I see a lot of posts that say BTT and bump.........I read somewhere about the bump but don't remember where. I believe it is to send your post to the front. Right? If so How do you do the bump and what and how is the BTT?
Thanks to all of you for your patience and insight! Love this site!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
bbt back to the top.

Almost no reason to use these unless you have an ad in the classifieds. We have a limit on how often we allow this.

It is rude to try to put your ad on the main page (too frequently).

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok got ya. Thank you. So what is the difference between BTT and bump then?
BTT is a post as if you are texting , bump is a properly spelled out word as if your posting on a forum . There is a site rule on not posting as if texting and doghead is very good at reminding people.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:roll: YIA :twisted:

phil2968

DH should change his avatar to mach his mood. Can we find a pic of a grumpy Elvis? He has one of a happy Elvis! Just sayin'.

DH's post or replies are one of reasons I read this site. It's better than prime time TV! I do miss him in the chat room. :doghead:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the next guy that wonders what BTT or bump means, searches the site, they may find this thread(if it is not deleted). That way everyone can learn for your simple post asking a simple question.

and doghead is very good at reminding people.
YIA = Yes I Am.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hahaha, look at your guys' two avatars! hahaha

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTT......

Bump.......

Does either of these mean "ditto" or "I second that"...? had assumed but not positive.
Kind of a 'derr' statement I 'spose.

Have been meaning to ask ever since I joined the fray.
( And I am surprised that they're not lumped into the banned 'text speak' which makes many [mods and me] cringe...)

Thanks and look forward to all sarcastic answers :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks