• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Daily drive a CUCV?

Jblankster

yep he is leaning toward the m1008 and just not driving on the highway. he wants a big diesel rugged truck. he is still gonna drive a m1009, m1008, and that GMC truck and decide.

any link to that writeup on the dealer?

ABN173

yep he is leaning toward the m1008 and just not driving on the highway. he wants a big diesel rugged truck. he is still gonna drive a m1009, m1008, and that GMC truck and decide.

any link to that writeup on the dealer?
Granted every truck is slightly different, but I have no issues cruising at 60-65 on the highway. My M1008 is my daily ride and I have had no issues for the past 12 months.

-Dale

tonka tester

I have been daily driving an m1008 with m1009 axles under it for the better part of 8 yrs. I park it in the winter... I converted it to 12 volts, and made the glow plugs manual, and other than tightening up bolts that come loose, and general maintenance, I have not had any problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks