• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Daily driver?

J2H

I've still got the fever, and a Deuce is starting to look real good, but are they practical as daily drivers? Thats what I want, an MV for a daily driver. My wife's gettin' a CUCV but I wanted something different. I know the trucks are big, and that's what concerns me. That, and "convincing" my Homeowner's Assoc.

sak00

Wow! I've only had mine for a month or so. As a daily driver, I'd have to say its awfully big to run to the grocery store or bumper to bumper traffic. I enjoy running mine, but not sure I would want to do it everyday.

motorolanut

No... to a daily driver.......Expensive on fuel....and Dangerous in a crash to the occupants and other drivers...
They are what they are A GREAT BUNCH OF FUN FOR THE $$$$ and the MV Hobby!!! or Work or Farm...Some might disagree and get Tee'd off but thats my two cents...I owned and duece and loved it, Drove it to work maybe once a week and enjoyed it on weekends but never as a daily driver.

No.2Diesel

Homeowners Association. Say no more, Say no more. There is no institution I loathe more than an HOA. It will probably be easier to move than deal with that circus.

Good luck with all that...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would say good luck with keeping the cucv if you have a HOA, let alone a deuce. Sorry, but thats what I've heard.

Westech

CPL
Also a Deuce will eat a clutch in 15 -20k miles EZ in city trafic. There is no way a Deuce would be my daily driver. Something like a 1 1/4 ton truck (m715, cucv, jeeps of any make) would be best.

Tx75Pinz

Have you thought about a Pinzgauer? A 710 is not much bigger than a Chevy Astro van and will seat 8 in the back (on the M model). Quite a few in the country, everyday parts (filters, plugs, etc) are pretty much in stock at NAPA stores and there are a handful of dealers that carry decent parts for the bigger stuff. A Pinz can go places a duece won't make it because of size. Just my thoughts.

Tx75Pinz

Keep looking, because every once in awhile on the different Pinz related boards someone is selling one fairly cheap. They are pretty good on gas, I get 12 to 16 mpg and it idles up loose rock hills my F 250 diesel 4 X 4 spins tires on while the motor is sceaming. Good luck with it, once the bug bites it is hard to make the itch stop.

J2H

trick is always money, tho... :(

Got plenty of hours working per week, but that money disappears fast, plus I am paying off a 19k loan for my Mustang and will not take out another. I saw a Pinz (or maybe it was a Mog) for 2800 online but it needed work... not sure how much work was needed, but 3k is my budget.

jwaller

I was able to beat back the ppl in my HOA. I won that battle but I consider myself lucky. I drive mine to work for a week at a time but not every week. if you supplement your fuel with other things you can make it work and it wont cost much more than anything else to drive but they are dangerous to others. they don't stop good don't start good and would be a huge PITA in close traffic. I don't have any traffic in my drive to work so it's not an issue for me.

dirtyfingernails

Wow, if I'd have read this thread before buying my deuce, I wouldn't have! I plan on driving mine to work occassionally and to fetch home improvement project supplies. It sounds REAL dangerous based on this thread!

J2H

i do imagine it would be too big for the grocery store, lol, or the walmart (unless you park way in the back)... I figured it would be fun, lol, plus its the cheapest MV I have seen next to the CUCV. Again, I don't know where the heck I'd park it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks