• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

daily driver

dittle

I enjoy just walking around my deuce and looking at it, I dont even have to drive it to appreciate this heck of a piece of machinery.
Amen to that. If you think about it what this truck is capable of doing and the amount of abuse it will take and keep running is just amazing.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HAAAAA!!!!! wb1895, I drove my deuce 420 miles home in about 11 hours in one day and my A was in a coma for three days:shock:!!!! And that was with the spring seat. I can't imagine driving it every day more than a few miles or an hour seat time let's say. Maybe if I was 30 years younger.....

Cheers.

dragman

I drive mine about 3 times a week to work, parking is really the problem. Thats where power steering would help.....Im an old fart.....they are SLOW, but, i don't care about whats behind me, they can make there own lane, Whats in front is what you need to watch out for....I leave alot of room to stop. If your not going to drive it, why would you buy it. I do agree with the 30 years younger.........:driver:

Josh

Been averaging 20 miles a day, every day, for the last year. Put almost 500 mile on her alone last week, and enjoyed every minute of it. Even running on strait diesel, shes still cheaper to drive then my toyota landcruiser.

I do have an air-assist power steering, so parking lots, and parallel parking arnt to big of deals for me.

RAYZER

I drive mine around town all the time and having more fun than should be alowed, to say that the deuce atracts a lot of attention is an understatement.

toddm

I didn't mind no power steering , but I got a great deal on an air assist unit and it works as expected. I don't drive it everyday, maybe twice a month. I love the looks, stares, waves and people gawking at me as I thunder by. The stock springer seat and bench seat are going to be replaced by two air ride seats. After my two and a half hour ride to Iola last year my butt can't take anymore. I rode on the passenger side once last year while showing my son how to drive it and don't know how he could ever stand riding with me on that side. It looks like the great state of Wisconsin is only going to let me take it to parades and events anyways.

Attachments

TigerHawk

Daily Driver? YES I AM!

Ok I just joined. I want a M35. I want to mostly drive this daily. I know it rides rough, no A/C etc. It just sound like fun! I have a ranch about 100 from my home and can sure use this truck there.
I would like to hear from anyone wo drives one daily. I have a short communte to work and a few misc trips. Most of the threads are negative about daily driving. Am I nuts?

I'm a ranch foreman in southern Colorado. I use my 109 as a mobile shop on the ranch. It's 10 miles to work and 10 home. The deuce has been great! This winter was a stinker. The wipers suck when it 's snowing hard. Had to get out about every 5 miles to scrape the windshield. Found a good block heater! a must. Came up with a great idea for chaining up fast. All and all I like driving the deuce! I got a landcruiser to save fuel, but I still drive the deuce! It's been VERY dependable. I got it stuck in 3 feet of snow. the tandems build an ice chalk between the tires and all you can do is shovel it out. Driving these trucks everyday is the only way to find out what they can really do!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks