• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

daimler benz m 1017a

Carlo

Manual is in English. I also have unimog parts and service books all in English. I got them in the UK.
I would check in canada first. They gave been seen there at limited numbers.

Carlo

image.jpgI found another photo of the MP 1017 I had. This truck was at a base in Munich that had never been on the road. It plowed snow on the base. The rear cargo cover had never been off. Zero rust. They kept good care of it. Less than 3000 Kms. It still smelled new.

tuff-truck-guy

nice 1 Im contemplating colors n such to paint mine, I wish i could just rent a high power pressure washer n blow all the red off n leave it green... but im guessing it wont work.. so when it warms up imma try that and if it doesnt work I'll prolly go with a black or a british racing green or something to that effect.. just not red ugh

tuff-truck-guy

hmmm Im curious as to what brand of fuel filter came stock in the 1017? Its got a fram I replaced with a fram and bought 3 more just 4 good measure but I wonder what was the origional filter??

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
tuff-truck-fella,

I have not worked with or sold the 1017, but these folks in Germany sell MB parts for Unimogs. Based on the fact they speak fluent MB, I expect they have access to catalogs for the MB trucks as well!

They are highly competent at shipping international and I especially appreciate them because they keep spare used assemblies in stock for the 1300 and 416 Unimogs:

Neil Webster or Rene Desseldorp
MEREX Autovertrieb GmbH
neil.webster@merex.de
+49 7225 981639-18

Both Neil and Rene, the company owner speak English.

Best wishes for you and your new red ryder!!!

Rick

Last edited:

tuff-truck-guy

oh I got the headlights and turn and hazards and running lights working yesterday, cant figure why I dont have any brake lights in the rear. but good progress none the less.. working lights and 395's w wheels still gotta find a winshield, but should be about roadworthy after the winshield and brake lights woo hoo, oh n I gotta figure out where the horn is lol..

Carlo

Looks like you are making progress. The horn is with the turn signal. Push it in to honk. Brake lights. Ck the micro switch close to the brake pedal.

tuff-truck-guy

I havent changed the oil in it yet but here there isnt much difference between rotella and supertech in price I think mabe $3.00 difference in the 2.5 gallon container, how much oil does it hold anyways, and is the oil filter on the passenger side down by the oil pan? huge pot filter down there and thats the closest thing I can come up with 4 the location of the oil filter... thnx again..

tuff-truck-guy

im now trying to locate a set of seats "dont have to be mil spec" I was actually kinda hoping to find a set of black leather g wagon seats "civy" type with the big ol merc emblem [thumbzup]

Carlo

I can see your truck better now. It's a miltary version and not civilian. The extension behind the cab was availabile only on the military truck.

Another Ahab

I can see your truck better now. It's a miltary version and not civilian. The extension behind the cab was availabile only on the military truck.
And looks like a ring on the top of the cab also:

- What are those two features ( 1. rear cab extension, and 2. roof ring) all about?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks