• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dallas Mavis, anybody ever use these guys?

Blythewoodjoe

Not much to say after the title. The guy that bought my truck has a quote from these guys and I was hoping someone knows them and they are good honest people.

Any thoughts? Also is it safe to load a 9' 2" high truck on a 40" high trailer?

Thanks, Joe

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
9' 2" truck = 108 inches tall plus 40 inches trailer deck height equals 12' 6"

That would make the top of the truck 12'6" so it would be a foot under max highth )13'6".
The load would be legal.....just have to watch for low clearances otherwise you might end up with a convertible deuce.
I have seen their trucks out on the road but cant vouch for them.
There are several SS members that haul MV's professionally.....I would check with them since they know the "how to's" on dealing with GL, loading/unloading and securing MV's.

Blythewoodjoe

Will entertain any quotes on hauling. I looked around and couldn't find any place on here where potential haulers where listed. I do overlook stuff though.

This is the "Bob" I put on ebay a week ago. It's about 11,500 pounds (estimate based on my other truck like this) and of course a little shorter than a deuce.

If any of the regular movers check this forum, please feel free to call give me a price or post it here. I think the quote we have now is just $1.12 a miles, which I think is pretty good. Leaving from here in Columbia SC and going to Reo Rancho, NM. About 1600 miles I'm told. Very flexible pick up time. My cell is 803-309-7928.

Thanks, Joe

PS. This is the coolest thing I have ever driven :driver:

Attachments

bambambam22

Would you happen to have any names for the SS memebers that haul, I need a bed and cab from ES hauled to Texas right now and maybe a 813 from Virginia to Texas soon

jj9620

hauling military vehicles

Just a short note I haul mv for the military all the time I pull a drop deck trailer and yse your load will fit on a flatbed if you have a quote for 1.12 take it I would be glad to help you out if I have any room on my trailer Dallas Mavis is a honest company (no Im leased to landstar) so if you do ship with them your equipment will be safe not trying to put in a plug for them but they military equipment like we do Just a example im under a military load now an im getting 2.65 a mile. Just my 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks