• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dana 60 Spindle Nut Socket

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to purchase a Dana 60 spindle nut socket to rebuild the front hubs on my M1028. I am sure there are different brands available, but is one brand better than another?

Iceman3005

snap-on has them for 75 new, only one I could find that was correct. It can do the outer and inner nut with one tool.

Iceman3005

They are different will only remove first nut not the second one, needs to have four prongs for the first nut and four notches for the second. at least from the pics that I looked at napa's didn't have the four notches for the second nut, and all the other web sites were the same as napa's.

bushhawg73

I may be crazy but I believe that both of the spindle nuts have slots for the prongs of the spindle nut socket. As far as I remember the nuts are the same with the exception of the inner nut having a tit on it that fits in a hole on the retaining washer. Check out the link to a pic I posted at the bottom of this page.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/74674-cucv-help-near-central-louisiana-3.html

Last edited: