• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dana Diagnostic tool

319cssb

did some one get the Dana software to work? I have the latest version (older versions are not available for download ) and it doesn't connect with the CTIS eco or keeps crashing.
I tried to find older versions of the software 2.0 or 1.2, but they are not available anymore.
I am using mu MSD with this software and Dearborn III module.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
First gen trucks all you really need is a multimeter. No abs and the trans control can self diagnose from the keypad. First gen a1 you can do basic engine diag and abs with a hand reader or the msd if you have one. Very few fully operating msd's in civ hands. Trans control you can still pull codes from the keypad. The msd wont do trans diag without special accessories. A1 C7 has the data bus and theres alot more you can diag but the amount of C7 trucks in civ hands is a very small percentage of lmtvs out there.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Do you have the newer usb type dearborn interface? The newer dana software may not be able to find the older serial port style interface.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Not sure. Dana offers a free download of the current stuff. Not sure if they have a legacy page. I would think upgrading to the newer usb style interface would work better. Most newer laptops dont have a serial port anymore.

319cssb

Not sure. Dana offers a free download of the current stuff. Not sure if they have a legacy page. I would think upgrading to the newer usb style interface would work better. Most newer laptops dont have a serial port anymore.
that would not help me, since I don't have a USB dearborn adaptor or any use for the newer software. I have a laptop with serial port. But anyway, I got the Dana software to work on this laptop. For the dearborn diagnostics I can use the other laptop

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
In theory yes. If you have a controller that supports diagnostics. And the Y cable to allow for diagnostic access. Good luck with that they are rumored to exist but I have never even been able to get a part number for the Y cable.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Unfortunately that is not the cable. The first gen trucks do not have a data bus so to access the ctis there is a Y cable that plug in, between the ctis harness and computer. With a 3rd connector that creates a port for access. Those plugs are not the same as the ctis harness. Were you able to change mode pressure settings with the Dana software?

319cssb

I had to stop (the battery of my laptop was low) But I have the sneaky suspicion that the Air pump is at fault. BTW as you can see the CTIS doesn't just turn on at 115 PSI. It was running at 81 and 78PSI at the PSU sensor, there.

319cssb

I took a couple of screen shots of the Dana diagnostic tool. So you basically need a laptop like this Panasonic toughbook cf29 with a serial connector. A serial cable, a Dearborn III plus adaptor and a Deutsch cable to connect to the truck. Or whatever older equivalent would connect to the other port

Attachments

319cssb

I have cranked up the pressure quite a bit. It still reads less than 120PSI in the cab. The CTIS comes on a lot. Which could be a leaky air hose (I suspect the right front frame to wheel air hose, it has a bit of a frayed appearance, where all others are nice and smooth)
IMG_1769.jpg
It could also be a bad Air Compressor or Governor
IMG_1770.jpg

319cssb

Did you service the air dryer yet? If thats gunked and/or you are getting moisture past it nothing will work right.
I didn't find a service manual. And no one here seems to know how to service it properly or to know when it needs servicing.
The Air compressor is making noises that don't give me confidence that it works as it should.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks