• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Danl new member needs help

gungearz

Here's an idea... Still not cheap but the cheapest I could think of. New York from me has got to be around 800 miles. Get the most fuel efficient pickup u can get and haul 3 barrels of WMO with you. Bring tools to make sure the fuel is bypassed and just hope for the best. If you break down at least you got another set of wheels to help out. Maybe a 4 banger ford ranger or something.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's an idea...
Read the thread and know what your talking about before posting.

It's an M915 with a Cummins motor(not a multi-fuel).

Will a Ford ranger haul 1400 lbs?

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's an idea... Still not cheap but the cheapest I could think of. New York from me has got to be around 800 miles. Get the most fuel efficient pickup u can get and haul 3 barrels of WMO with you. Bring tools to make sure the fuel is bypassed and just hope for the best. If you break down at least you got another set of wheels to help out. Maybe a 4 banger ford ranger or something.
It's a M915 with a Cummins , not a multi-fuel . Cummins don't like to burn crap oil . The best bet is to have it hauled.

indy4x4fab

Banned
WMO in a cummins is promised to be a 25% to 50% loss in power, I tried it I'm my m818 and I won't do that again, the cummins doesn't like it at all. Cover my fuel and give a few bucks for my time and I'll go get it for you. You won't get a better deal then that.

jdmep

Sorry for waiting so long to update. The truck was recovered, with the help of BearBoley, And Mr. Rainville in In.

BearBoley towed it home for a very reasonable price;-)!!!

And Mr. B Rainville helped with load out and smoke stack removal, and with tons of other things. Cost of Mr. Rainvilles services were exceptional as well!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions. and I will update as soon as i have a chance to drive it down the road.

I have insurance, and plates already, I need to take the fan clutch out and see why it is not engaging, check to see why the temp gauge does not register any temp, and wire the truck to pull a 12v civilian trailer with electric brakes!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks