• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Danm7890's M998 Build

DanM7890

Well I don't have a thread for my HMMWV build yet and I got a LOT done this weekend with about a dozen parts on the way to get put on this week. Here it goes. From getting her home I started to tear her down to the frame to repaint it all tan. The final product will be all tan, except the folding grill, suspension, and wheels which will be black. I have new soft doors and top to put on after. I will also be installing a red dot kit and all the lights will be switched over to LED except the headlights. Here are some pictures from the weekend.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

DanM7890

My goal was to match the color of the doors/top/LED lights housings. I ended up using Behr Marquee paint and the color is DesertTan 686A....33446. As an additive I used Floetrol which is 1-qt per gallon of paint for spraying.

65cce144-c75f-4341-b3b3-673bb04568d9_400.jpg

Last edited:

DanM7890

I used a spray gun from Harbor Freight with the gauge and reg on it. Worked smooth up until I left it out in the sun for a little while taping the gauges and the tip gummed up a bit so I took it apart to clean and it kept working fine.

IMG_1103.jpg

DanM7890

Got some more work done this weekend. While putting the windshield back together I broke the driver side window. If anyone knows, the passenger side glass is thick, clear and appears bulletproof, but the driver side was half as thick and had a green tint to it and it cracked super easy. Maybe they just put in a random piece of glass it to take its spot. I painted the front grill and the suspension components. Also got all the lights put on and the new soft top.

I am still looking for some seats.

IMG_1195.jpgIMG_1197.jpgIMG_1198.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks