• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash bolt size

Warren Lovell

I am putting my dash back into the deuce after painting. Can anyone tell me the size of the bolts on the side ends of the dash panel? The ones that bolt to where the upper door hinges are. I'm talking about the two smaller screws/bolts above the one big bolt. I tried 1/4-28 unf, but it seemed tight and I didn't want to strip it out. Don't ask me where I put the bolts...a friend of mine thought he'd help me clean up the garage and I lost most the bolts to the dash.

Thanks guys!

Warren

Boatcarpenter

Warren, I did an in truck paint job on my dash and had lots of stuff removed from it. I replaced many of the smaller screws that were chewed up and was having a heck of a time matching them until on a last ditch effort I tried METRIC and found exact fit screws. Come to think of it it was either on the dash or the hood hold downs when I put my artic grille cover on. Anyway, metric fit. My truck is a 70 and I recall that was when we were going to have a big swap over to metric in some applications. Try the closest to 1/4 28 that you can find in metric and see if they fit. I'll take one of mine to the hardware store today and get a size for you. I will probably have to remove one with an impact screwdriver so I'll be looking for a replacement also!

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Run a 1/4-28 tap thru them first, then there will be no question.
Most tacticals have a bit O' rust around the underdash area, and those threads you never think about are no exception.
dg

Warren Lovell

I began to run a tap through one of the holes and noticed it was hard to turn. It was cutting new threads. All four bolts removed initially easily enough, so i don't think rust is an issue. My truck has very little rust to begin with.

Looking with a flashlight, i can see the thread pitch is for a fine bolt, so i will try the metric size bolt. Anyone else come across metric fittings on their deuce?

Warren

Warren Lovell

I began to run a tap through one of the holes and noticed it was hard to turn. It was cutting new threads. All four bolts removed initially easily enough, so i don't think rust is an issue. My truck has very little rust to begin with.

Looking with a flashlight, i can see the thread pitch is for a fine bolt, so i will try the metric size bolt. Anyone else come across metric fittings on their deuce?

Warren

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks