• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash makeover ideas, please

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
not an expert, but I would...
remove it, and make a high res scan of it.
take the scan to a vinyl/sign shop and have them make a mask for the lettering and border
clean the plate very well
put the mask on (I'd probably get the sign guy to do it)
spray it with a high quality black paint
remove the mask
spray it w/ clear

Elwenil

Or you could just have them make a vinyl sticker with the labels printed on it or cut so that the aluminum shows through, and apply it to the entire panel. You could save the image file of it for later use if you would ever need more made for future use or anyone else who may need it for one of these trucks.

CanadaDeuce

dash redo .....

how about sandblasting the lettering to clean out the paint etc and painting the whole piece, OD or flat black, let it dry, than paint the white lettering and while its still wet wipe the paint off leaving the white in the shallows ?

:driver:

CanadaDeuce

DMgunn

RE: dash redo .....

How about a layer of 1/4" closed-cell foam over it, then cover with some nice italian suede with contrasting stitching - chrome the knobs and switches, cut out the lettering, and backlight in the soothing glow of green neon........

.........oops, I was just going by the title of the thread - should have paid attention.

Jones

Get a piece of aluminum and have the lettering silkscreened on using a "resist" ink. Then have the plate anodized.
The silkscreened lettering won't take the anodizing so when you remove the resist the lettering will show up as the plate's natural aluminum color.
Or you could just have the background silkscreened on, leaving the lettering aluminum.
Remember to punch all your holes first.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Yes Leonard, I'm set up for screen printing at home, so it's a matter of making it from scratch then, kind of thought so...thanks everybody.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks