• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dash pad

jdeoliveira74

has anyone recovered there dash with fiberglass?? Pulled the vinyl and foam pad and used fleece and resin... maybe some bondo??

Just curious to see if anyone has pics of a redone dash this way trying to get ideas on a dash pad dont have the cash to pay for a new one. My dash is in real bad shape.

vinny-socom1

replacement pad is about $202.00 free shipping, I would think you would have about $125.00- $150.00 in materials plus your labor?? I thought of doing the same..maybe I'm wrong..

Vinny

jdeoliveira74

Yeah it is but then I need all new gauges. Way out of my price range.
I think I will glass mine and add some things to it maybe even a oh sh@% handle
Will photo document

jdeoliveira74

replacement pad is about $202.00 free shipping, I would think you would have about $125.00- $150.00 in materials plus your labor?? I thought of doing the same..maybe I'm wrong..

Vinny
Yes but then I can mod the dash and put a tray in the top and maybe some pockets for storage. Plus I think I am going to move the radio to the dash and put a cb in my overhead pocket
Jon

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Has anyone put one of the mat covers over theirs? I see them on ebay all the time for a little under $40.

ralbelt

We have a member, Stitch, in Dalzell So. Carolina that reupholsters dashes. This came up a year or so ago , and I remember seeing pictures of his work. Very impressive.

M1031CMT

I buy wholesale from one of my sister store GM dealers and paid $380.00 plus tax for an OEM GM. Comes in Light gray but I am planning on dyeing it.
LMC Trucks sells new manufactured dash pads (if you don't want just a new cap, but a actual new full dash pad) for $340 in black: LMC Truck Parts - Page 111

I wish I could afford the new dash pad, but will have to stick with the cheaper cap for $100

They also sell the color-bond spray paint if you want to change yours color: LMC Truck Parts - Page 102

Attachments

jdeoliveira74

Yeah my pad had a dash cover on it when I got the truck but it was cracked and had a bunch of holes in it previous owner! So when I had my donor civi truck I pulled that dash which has only three cracks in it aua. I will look at the cover lay one and see. I like the idea of making my own adding some things to it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks