• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash Signal Lights

HeisenBob

I couldn’t get the right signal to work and took apart the steering wheel to diagnose. The switch was all gummed you with old fried grease and broken in one spot. I was able to force it to the right and the right turn signals worked. The light in the dash also worked. So I replaced the turn signal switch in the steering column and also took out the instrument cluster for a thorough cleaning. I was missing 7 bulb sockets and there was some corrosion but not terrible on the plastic circuit board. I cleaned with high grit sand paper and greased all connections with dialectic grease. I put in new bulbs and I checked all the connections with a 12v plug in before reinstalling the instrument cluster. I also cleaned the bus bar under the dash as well as the service switch and blackout switch.

Now, after reinstalling everything today, the right turn indicator light in the cluster isn’t working. The turn signals outside the truck work fine. I reached up behind the cluster and pulled the bulb socket out thinking I had a bad bulb or bad connection. I retested the bulb in the socket with the 12v plug and it lights up. But, after plugging back into the cluster, it still won’t come on when Ihit the right turn signal. I thought that maybe my switch might be faulty but I’m not sure if the switch effects the cluster light.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

cucvrus

Check the printed circuit board at the main plug connection. I think you have a slipped connection in the circuit board or a small break in the cooper band of the circuit board. Good Luck. Be Safe.

HeisenBob

Check the printed circuit board at the main plug connection. I think you have a slipped connection in the circuit board or a small break in the cooper band of the circuit board. Good Luck. Be Safe.
I was really dreading having to take that all back apart. The cluster was really a pain to get out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks