• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash Valve for wipers

swhpaz

Ok, I've searched various threads and can't find an answer. I need to repair the valve in the dash that supplies air to the wiper motors. The rubber seal in the back of the valve has dried out and basically fallen apart.

Does anyone know what size and where to get the rubber seal? Also, does anyone know how to get it past the threads without getting the new seal all chewed up. I've checked my repair manuals and there is no info that I can find describing repairs to the valve.

runk

seals over threads

Don't know where to get the seal, but an old trick for slipping seals past threads (or other slots and grooves) is to wrap the shaft with some thin, stiff plastic (old fashioned overhead transparency plastic works great) right up to the groove you want the seal in, lube up the seal (with air tool oil in this case, I would think) and slide it on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks