• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Data Plate spelled wrong!!??

Towman2277

I'm a stickler for spelling words the correct way, and as I was driving earlier to lunch in my Bridge Truck, I recognized that one of my data plates is spelled wrong!! Anyone else ever have/see this problem!?? It should read "Maximum", not "Maximun"!

Attachments

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an unused CUCV MWO plate for the M1028A2 dually modification. The MWO plates for the A1/A2/A3 modifications have the "new" NSN for the truck (after the modification) printed on them. The one I have actually has the wrong NSN printed on it! :shock: That's something I really thought they would want to get right.

At first I thought it was a fluke, but the -10 TM must have used it as a guide, because there's a drawing of this same plate in the rear of the manual (in the "data plate location" section) that has it incorrect as well. It should be 2320-01-295-0822, but the plate has the "8" printed as a "6", as does the drawing. Close, but no cigar....

JDToumanian

If MV collectors are anything like coin collectors (defects are some of the most valuable coins!), you had better get your bridge truck's data plates insured... and I would get the maximun amount of coverage they will sell you!

rofl

Jon

westfolk

See Kenny....as I'm reading down the thread I'm thinking the same as you....and you beat me to it!!!!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
One of my pet peeves is people who "chaulk" their wheels. IT"S CHOCKS YOU IDIOTS!!!! CHOCKS, CHOCKS, CHOCKS........how hard is it :?: :!: :!: :!:
When I was at Fort Benning our motor pool had a sign that said "When parking always chaulk your wheels". :cookoo:
When I pointed out ther error to the Motor Sergeant he accused me of being a smarta**. :roll:
I kept a piece of chaulk in my truck and every time I put her back on line I would put out my wheel CHOCKS and then put a chaulk mark on every tire.
This went on until the Plt. Leader (2nd LT) saw me and asked what I was doing. :?:
I showed him the sign and said "just following instructions sir".
The sign was changed two days later. :p

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mis-spelling in a mis-spelling thread? How ironic! :) I actually thought it was intentional until I read the follow-up...

The one i like is the truck with a wench... I have yet to see her in any of the pictures, but GL has sold lots of trucks with wenches over the years. They don't say if she's blonde, brunette, or what. They could at least say if she is good-looking or not!

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe the guy who made the sign was listening to a superior who had a southern accent. That does sound like "Chalk" to us yankees... ;)

Gamagoat1

Can somebody send me one of those WENCH's? One that cooks, cleans and changes tires on 5 ton wreckers. I'll be forever grateful. ( No cable necessary)