• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Data Plates Arrived

Speedwoble

I have not had calls nor e-mails returned in the 3 months I have been trying. His voicemail fills up occasionally and then it clears out, so someone is deleting the messages. I think the voicemail message changed in the last few weeks as well.

I found another source for my M35A2 WO/W Data plate. When it arrives, I will take a picture and post the source.
Got my plate in the mail today. If looking for something similar... contact these guys. I think they may have had W/W versions as well.

Attachments

Capt.Marion

Got my plate in the mail today. If looking for something similar... contact these guys. I think they may have had W/W versions as well.
Will the joint you use stamp them, too? Police officers give me funny looks because my S/N is electro-pencilled on the tag, and they don't like sticking their heads down in the frame rail to look at the frame number.

Speedwoble

Will the joint you use stamp them, too? Police officers give me funny looks because my S/N is electro-pencilled on the tag, and they don't like sticking their heads down in the frame rail to look at the frame number.
No, they said they couldn't. I have stamps I can use, but struggle to get them all straight(practiced on some scrap). I am talking to trophy businesses in my area to see if they can stamp.

Heavysteven

Guys i just got my last plate ordered for that guy in California. This was the last plate i was missing. I'll post pictures when they all come in. He says he has more.

Steven

We have the Data Plate in stock for $25.00

MasterCard or Visa ONLY

Steve Gorelick
ANTELOPE VALLEY EQUIPMENT & TRUCK PARTS
44532 Trevor Ave
Lancaster, Ca. 93534
(661) 945 6788 phone
(661) 942 6887 fax
avettruck@aol.com

joshs1ofakindxj

I just ordered my M35A2 W/W data plate from them and it is even marked as Kaiser-Jeep. Perfect! $6 less than David Kelone.

I hope he buys a nice steak dinner with the $31 I sent to him and he gets the worst diarrhea ever!

I would open a dispute in paypal but I didn't send it as a payment for goods. Whoops.

salt6

I have a guy in Poland who makes up rare and hard to find data plates as I need them. Found him on egay. It takes about 3 weeks from order to delivery. He even made up machine gun pedistal mount data plates for me in brass. Prices are reasonable and service is great.

Is this him?

lt.horne

Thanks

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know what hardware is used to attach the data plate to the LDT 465 or where to get it? My plate is holding on by its last fastener.
Zoyd AT1
Round head drive screws (some call them rivets also...)
Places selling all sorts of rivets should carry them.

See diagram and chart below: for the Multifuel engine dataplates it would be a size DS-04(3)
I just pulled one to confirm its length (= 3/16")

FWIW, the next size 06(4) is what you find for the winch dataplates on the U-channel.

G.

Attachments

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
... out of a blind hole and not ruining the plate... ?:
by using a tiny chisel applied on the head- not under it! - and very carefully tap (wiggle) in different directions, also tangentially-CCW, until it comes loose and sticks out sufficient to be grabbed with vicegrips.

G.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice! Did you also get the one that goes on the cover of the winch brake housing? I just found it... 1st on their page#8 for "dataplates".

I like that engine dataplate; wondering if they would ever make one for the Continental LDS465-1A and maybe the LDS427-2 also...?

G.

joshs1ofakindxj

Guys i just got my last plate ordered for that guy in California. This was the last plate i was missing. I'll post pictures when they all come in. He says he has more.

Steven

We have the Data Plate in stock for $25.00

MasterCard or Visa ONLY

Steve Gorelick
ANTELOPE VALLEY EQUIPMENT & TRUCK PARTS
44532 Trevor Ave
Lancaster, Ca. 93534
(661) 945 6788 phone
(661) 942 6887 fax
avettruck@aol.com
I got my W/W data plate from them yesterday and I couldn't be happier! It has the Kaiser Jeep logos on it and it looks sweet.