• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Data plates by drivers door?

I just picked up my 85,M931A1. I would like to know if there is any way to find out what all these little data plates mean.
Here are the codes on the plates,272-20-2,272-20-5,272-25-6,272-24-1,272-35-1,272-23-1. I did try and search for the info,I came up empty.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yep, sure is. If you go to the super top secret government access computer, you can find out what they are. Just in case nobody has informed you secretly how to access that, just this once I'm going to risk it and inform you---BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE OR LET ANYONE KNOW I TOLD YOU! Go to your home page and type in G.O.O.G.L.E. and then type in MWO and whatever number you're interested in. Again, don't tell anyone I told you.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Yep, sure is. If you go to the super top secret government access computer, you can find out what they are. Just in case nobody has informed you secretly how to access that, just this once I'm going to risk it and inform you---BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE OR LET ANYONE KNOW I TOLD YOU! Go to your home page and type in G.O.O.G.L.E. and then type in MWO and whatever number you're interested in. Again, don't tell anyone I told you.
The great CARNAC is correct. Or you could just go directly to the LOGSA web site and download the manuals that exist for each and every one of the MWOs that apply to the M939 series of trucks. The manuals will tell you everything about the MWO.

Last edited:

acme66

Don't sweat it 05blackduramax, for whatever reason this forum is very helpful but very hard on new people. Worst I have ever been a part of for that come to think of it. Their other favorite ploy is to just dump people on the 'TM's. At this point I have more than 1000 pages on various pdf files with no functional index, 30 second initial load times and individual pages that take 10 seconds to load...on a decent computer. It might take ten min just to find a page and that is assuming you know which manual to check in first. I would advise the google method and do whatever you can to stay away from the rats nest that is government manuals in a non indexed bulk pdf form.

It is their playground and it is hands down the best around on this sort of stuff but you have to play by (or is that endure?) their rules. Good luck!

-Ken

chadande

I just picked up my 85,M931A1. I would like to know if there is any way to find out what all these little data plates mean.
Here are the codes on the plates,272-20-2,272-20-5,272-25-6,272-24-1,272-35-1,272-23-1. I did try and search for the info,I came up empty.
I think sometimes people forget what it was like when they were new to this hobby. It can be pretty overwhelming. Here are a few MWO numbers that I have found for my M923A2:
272-20-5 front shackles
272-20-7 brake proportioning
272-24-1 spring brake control valve improvement
272-20-8 accelerator linkage
272-55-1 ABS

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
But.....beating up the new guys is soooooooo much fun. Like I tell people about being a writer.....you better have a thick hide if you want to play. More than one editor told me that....just passing it on down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks