• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dataplate Patriot Project Office ?

Jorrit

Hello all,

I recently bought a M35A2C in Belgium. I trying to do some research on the origin of the truck. Maybe somebody can help me. Especially on the data plate naming Patriot Project Office. What does that mean?

Thanks,

Jorrit
(from Holland)

Attachments

Knucklehead

Project Patriot was a U.S. government program that supplied military equipment to FRIENDLY governments. A gift you might say. The vehicles were rebuilt at Letterkenny Depot in PA. When completed they were shipped to sea ports and delivered. I was at Letterkenny Depot in 1987 and there were hundreds of vehicles of all types there being rebuilt. And by rebuilt I mean completely torn down and reassembled. I have a ton of pictures but they are on film and I lack a scanner. In one storage shed I counted 200 M52A2s ready to be shipped. All the rebuilt vehicles had a sticker that covered the right headlight, it was two hands shaking with the words' Project Patriot, Hands Across The Sea'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks