• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dauphin Island PD

Alredneck

Banned
Yea its a small world we use to go riding out there a couple years ago then they turned it into a turtle habitat, then a huricane came in 98-99ish and washed a lot of the island away. It seems to be a recurring trend.. I wasnt down there for when katrina came through. They said the bay was completely empty of water days before it happened, that would have been cool cause theres some old ironclads out there off the island I would like to find to get some cannons. They found one a couple years back dredging the main channel for shipping. A lot of history sitting out in that bay and just off the coast!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took these pictures in August of '06. I was down at Keesler AFB going to a school. My wife and I took a weekend over to the USS Alabama and stopped at Dauphin Island. There weren't many people there. Pretty lonely, but that's how I like it. The less people, the better. They have a nice aquarium to visit. I didn't ask about the deuce. Can anyone with good eyes read the passenger side of the front bumper? Just curious.

looks like---

42 3BDE or 42 380E. That'd be like the 42nd regiment of the 3rd brigade (MPs or Infantry) or 42nd regiment of the 380th Engineer Brigade, something close to that, IF I'm reading the numbers right.

One of the research gurus may be able to track unit lineage and find if there are any units in that area with numbers like that? Could have come from across the country, though, so that might not help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks